Spielberg Hanks Reunite For HBO Mini-Series "Masters of the Air"

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I don't know, I have a bad feeling about this series... There seemed to be more build up for the other two series, even this far out. The preview pictures are underwhelming. It moving from HBO to Apple. The long gestation period.

I hope I'm wrong. Either that or I'm drunk!

Watched the first episode last night, it's not Band of Brothers, but then it can't be, the stories are very different, ground action requires little CGI, air action requires a lot, too, the living Veterans in Band Of Brothers lent a very real element to the series, sadly most of the WWII Vets have passed since Band of Brothers was made. So far Masters of the Air reminds me most of the film Memphis Belle on a broader theme. The preflight and engine start scenes last night gave me goosebumps, and the combat scenes and battle damage to the Forts seen on the ground were chilling.

I watched both of the episodes released and Like It. After watching the two episodes, its not as moving as the original 12:00 High with Gregory Peck, and I don't think it comes close to Band of Brothers. I think its missing a character that is as bigger than life as Richard Winters. The affects look fine to me, not like a video game. Looking forward to the next two episodes.

Episode 3 may be about the Schweinfurt-Regensburg mission.

Since the 100th were part of the Regensburg raid, I wonder how much will be shown of the Schweinfurt raid, if at all.

From what I've learned from various sources and clips, the Schweinfurt / Regensburg raid will be included.
Also, the story and characters will be more developed, with well-known characters (of the 100th) yet to be introduced.

From what I've learned from various sources and clips, the Schweinfurt / Regensburg raid will be included.
Also, the story and characters will be more developed, with well-known characters (of the 100th) yet to be introduced.

Well, they have already lost a few bombers, and maybe episode 4 or 5 will be the mission where only 1 returned (and neither of the current main protagonists are in that plane).

So there will have to be replacements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back