Spitfire help needed (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ausflyboy

Airman
Jan 24, 2008
Bribie Island
Hi all, I've been searching for information and drawings/breakdown on the Volkes Tropical Filter that was used on the Spit Vc's. So far Google has drawn a blank other than some photos showing the overall cowling area. What I'm needing is the internals photos!! Does anyone have information/photos/specs etc on them? This information is going to help an ex RAAF spit Vc get restored correctly!

Cheers,
Chris

P.S HAPPY NEW YEAR :D

Hi all, I've been searching for information and drawings/breakdown on the Volkes Tropical Filter that was used on the Spit Vc's. So far Google has drawn a blank other than some photos showing the overall cowling area. What I'm needing is the internals photos!! Does anyone have information/photos/specs etc on them? This information is going to help an ex RAAF spit Vc get restored correctly!

Cheers,
Chris

Hi Chris,

I not fully sure if this is the filter system you are asking for but its the only tropical on in my spitfire Mk V manual. Its not labeled as a Volkes and off hand I dont remeber the style of the Volkes but take a look.

All the best
Paul

Attachments

• Scan0001.jpg
    Scan0001.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 196
After a quick look up that should be what you are looking for. As a side note I take it your friend knows that to be a true tropic spitfire that there are 26 major modifications from the standard VA or VB to convert to tropic operations.

Whoa :) thats a good start....thanks mate!! Any chance of a bigger/higher DPI scan so that I can print those out better

Cheers,
Chris

Cheers,
Chris

I have spitfire drawing for the Vokes filter. let me have an email address if you still need them and will get them to you

regards
John

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back