Spitfire MK I

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

josepedro

Airman
Feb 1, 2007
terceira Island, Azores
Here goes my atempt at a very modelled aircraft!

Send criticsm at will, my goal is to develop both in technique and accuracy!!!

Best Regards!!!

280106015mod.jpg

280106004mod.jpg

280106003mod.jpg

280106021mod.jpg

I'm not a tech when it comes to modeling. But I like. Like the streaking, paint chipping and general attention to detail. That stuff takes time. Nice work.

One thing I have never seen on a model but have seen on plenty of aircraft. Hanger Rash.

Your english is better than my non-existent portuguese, but do I understand you correctly that this is your FIRST model? If so, I'm dang impressed!!

Good job josepedro. Is it the Tamiya 1/48th Mk.I kit. I have built this and you have done it justice m8. :)

Some people have the art.

Very good, especially if it is ur first one. My first plane looks clumsy, and the second one even worse!

Some of the problems are paint globs, paint out of the same bottle that dries differant shades, and poor fillering on recent models of mine.

I bet it took a lot of time to give it that good detail, but at least it turns out looking like a realistic still life.

I spend too much time on models already past repair.

Keep up the good work.

I'm not trying to be a jerk here and I think you did a beautiful job on this spit, the detail is excellent but I have a question...Bottom of wings--Roundels?

.....By the way, the photos themselves are nice pieces of work too. I was just looking at them again and I noticed how well the letters "D W" adhered to the fuselage. They look painted. What did you use? I'm trying to find time to get back into modelling myself ( No lie, I have approx. 60 models sitting on the shelf waiting to be built) after a 20 year lull. I really need to get back up to speed on the latest products.

In the battle of britain the sky blue underside painted spits didnt tend to have the roundels.

The hald black half blue/white for indetification did though.

If I'm wrong please correct me8)

I'm not trying to be a jerk here and I think you did a beautiful job on this spit, the detail is excellent but I have a question...Bottom of wings--Roundels?

In the battle of britain the sky blue underside painted spits didnt tend to have the roundels.

The hald black half blue/white for indetification did though.

If I'm wrong please correct me8)

Yes, Heinz you are right. However,the camo pattern and the Spit markings are typical of June 1940 when the " Sky " colour was introduced for undersides.Taking it into consideration the lack of thre roundels on lower surfaces of the wings is correct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back