SPRAY OR BRUSH (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

If you've got a couple of quid Keith, go to B&Q (or similar), and get a 2 litre container of White Spirit. It should only be about £2 to £3 max, if I remember, and it'll last you ages. It will be ok for thinning and cleaning the brush, if using enamels of course. But, at around £7 a throw for a can of air, that's what's going to cost you. You might get two, maybe three, 1/48th scale models done per can, allowing for preparation, trial spraying and cleaning. The bit that's left in the can won't be worth risking for spraying a model, in case it runs out part way through, so save the nearly- empty cans for cleaning or preparation work. The price of 6 cans will get you a compressor, when you can afford to. I wish I could help you out, as I know what it's like when you want to get on with something, especially a 'new toy'! But I'm in a similar boat to you mate!

Lucky sod! I can get a pass, but I can't physically get on or off a bl**dy bus!! When the car isn't working (like now..again!), I'm stuck to very short journeys on shanks's pony! Not that it makes much difference, as the buses near me don't go to where I need to get to!!!!

Hi Terry

I know what you mean :?: I use the bus as little as possable as it go's no where near where i want to go.The walk kill's me after 15yrds ( ohhhh the pain ) i can't wait to get in the house. ( i do my shopping by internet:oops: )

Last edited:
Sounds very familiar! My mate, who comes around and does the odd bit of small shopping for me, keeps telling me to shop with the Tescos shop and drop thing, or whatever it's called. But I never know what I want when I'm in Tescos, so I'd have no chance on the 'net! Can't stand shopping (apart from model stuff of course!) and will never, ever, understand why women make a bl**dy day out of it!!!

Yeah, they've got these new fangled things now, with something called an Internal Combustion Engine or some such nonsense! Next thing you know, people will be saying that man can fly......poppcock I say!!

Yeah

I don't have to pay bus fare ( got my bus pass to use anywhere in the country ) No i am not an old man:lol: feel it though:lol::lol::lol:

just 42:oops: i let that slip Roll on the 15th sigh :( will be 43 :oops: :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back