Squirrel with an eye for a photo-opportunity

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Colin1

Senior Master Sergeant
Jan 2, 2009
United Kingdom
The camera's timer was set, Melissa Brandt and her husband composed themselves for a holiday snap on the shore of Lake Minnewanka in Banff National Park, Canada... and then this inquisitive squirrel intervened. "It became intrigued with the sound of the focusing camera and popped right into our shot" Mrs Brandt told National Geographic magazine. "It was a once in a lifetime moment - we were laughing about this little guy for days!"

The Daily Telegraph 13 August 2009

Attachments

• Squirrel.jpg
    Squirrel.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 288
I have a squirrel that hangs out in my back yard. He will eat almost anything, from tomatoes to the Tomothy Hay I have
for my pet rabbit. We call him "Hungry Ned". He has a long scar down his left side that makes him easy to spot. I guess
he got into ia scrape with another animal. Loves peanut butter on a Ritz cracker !!

Charles

When I was in college, we had the obligatory squirrels in the courtyard/commons area. One in particular was completely unafraid of any of us students. I used to get an apple from the cafeteria, and slice it up w/ my pocket knife; I would then feed it to the squirrels. One day, they were out of fruit, so I just went out to read the paper. The fearless one apparently recognized me and started barking at me. When I didn't respond, the little bugger came over and untied the laces on my hiking shoes. How dare you not bring me any food, you bastard!

When I was in college, we had the obligatory squirrels in the courtyard/commons area. One in particular was completely unafraid of any of us students. I used to get an apple from the cafeteria, and slice it up w/ my pocket knife; I would then feed it to the squirrels. One day, they were out of fruit, so I just went out to read the paper. The fearless one apparently recognized me and started barking at me. When I didn't respond, the little bugger came over and untied the laces on my hiking shoes. How dare you not bring me any food, you bastard!

Good story.

At our ranch, we keep the bird, hummingbird, and squirrel feeders full. We have one squirrel that we call "Fatty" for obvious reasons. He will stuff so many peanuts in his mouth you would think it's about to pop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back