Stripped down Mosquito MK IV 1/32

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looks great and it sounds like you have a pretty good understanding of what goes there. The set up on that deck changed a lot over time and so it's a matter of choosing what period your model will represent and then doing your best to guess what the set up looked like. There's not a lot of good info on the net.

Guys
I have a problem
I was starting connecting the wires to the IP, but I can't find out where the little red one belongs

View attachment 655211

If you mean the one next to the box with the three indicators it is not a wire. It is a kind of folding crank for controlling of the cooling flap. See the large image below.

the source: De Havilland DH 98 Mosquito

Coincidentally, I'm now spending my days cataloguing all that equipment for our bird to determine spares and needs.

On the topic of the radiator louvre controls, it's interesting that the later Mosquitoes reverted to mechanically operated units mentioned by Wojtek above. The pics posted above are from two B.35s: RS709 in Dayton and RS712 owned by Kermit Weeks. Our aircraft is RS700 and has the hand cranks as well. These opened and closed the louvres mechanically using cables, chains, and sprockets and allowed the louvres to be set in any position depending on where the crank is stopped. On the FB. VI and the Canadian-built B.XX (essentially a B. IV), the louvres were operated by pneumatic pistons. The air flow was controlled via electric solenoids whose switches were located on the panel in front of the navigator/observer. It would seem that this system allowed for just two positions (open or closed) whereas the later mechanical system enabled a range of positions.

Bottom line, Bert, is that if you are doing a B. IV, don't add the cranks! The pics above are for a late war aircraft and the starboard equipment arrangement will be different from what you want.

Yes, i've discovered, it's for the MK XVI and up. Just for the wires and cables I have the idear how the cables are routed and the looks, my Harley is a mesh, but when I see all the cables I am lucky the MKIV is more "basic," but still, I supose, the basic counts for ever model, just the late model have more options or replaced gear, told by crews. For sure, my model will not be 100 % accurate, but I will try it as far as I can

Due several other things (my mother passed away, very busy on work) I haven't spend time to my project. And playing with the 3D printers with all the complications of them and the process cost a lot time aswell, but, I printed a bust, I was so happy

but he, back to the subject
II am not sure I showed the start of the IP and rudderpedals, but I soldering the pedals and was proud, till I saw that the cablearms should be mounted on each bar on the left side, so, I have the rebuilt them. On the drawing of the Profimodeller kit, they were drawn also in the worng way, please be aware

Also, I worked on the cockpit aswell, made the acces bigger, the construction voor the stick and the construction voor the cableunits,mounted some details on the floor and....

Well, find the difference between the two pics

Yep, the right barholder was placed outside the construction on the floor and it belangs between them, so I had to rebuilt it again. While I want to let it works, I have to made it movable
I also made the pilotchair, this was attemp#2

I still have to clean up

Sorry for your loss.

Users who are viewing this thread