Stripped down Mosquito MK IV 1/32

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

When you put movable parts on it, you have to test it. So I have to play with small lines to see or it is cable operatable. I've seen some parts not really good aligned, so I have to tear apart some parts. Really I am vaery talented to to this

I had to test the rudderpedals testing aswell, but therefore I had to mount these. I write some words about it in last postings. Some things weren't good and I had te repair it, so last sunday I should soldering some parts apart

Okee, Imaging
A countertop with a solderingiron balancing on a socalled "third hand". a louplamp, small pliers and a clampplier, tweezer, flux and soldering wire. A solderong plate and some small parts not bigger then 2 cm
Behind on a small chair a person, 2 meter long, with his legs spread, because other space isn't there, staring leaned forward with the louplamp on his haed. Pliers in one hand and iron and tweezers in his other hand, meanwhile trying to stabilized the clamp with some parts
Yes, you have it visual?

Ha ha ha HATSJOE

Yep, out of the blue

and the result?.................................................................!@#$%^&**((

try to made it straight, but some parts broke off, so I throw in the well known black hole.

Started up the laptop and start to draw in Solid Works, yeah, I have two resin 3D printers (1 is workable at the moment) so why should'nt I use it.)
It's beside the possibility to try some settings for small parts, the big parts are printing well, but I have to find the right settings for the small ones.
I draw the rudder pedals and tested or thes are right position for the backside of the IP

And after printng you got the raw version of this (I had to clean and to cure it)

And, on a lazy sunday, why shouldn't I draw the petrolgauges, the indicators and switches for the navigationlamps

En zo kom je zondag dan ook weer door he?

I found some nice figgies for the Mossie, it's a challence because a: I didn;t paint for a long time and just started with two bustes, but I miss the routine to paint and B: the smaller scales aren't my favorites, so you can called it a challence

I found two resin figgies who can act like the pilot and the navigator, maybe I must found a bag for thenav. as well
One fig is from Blackdog and for what I've seen it's a very detailed and outstanding cast

The other one is from Aerobonus or AIres, both names are used, it's also a fighter pilot fig, and both has a pose for in or outstepping the plane, so I've to been creative to find a good setting for them

I'll try the paintprogress showing to you.

Further, there is a book underway, from Japan and I hope to find some answers so I can startup to built again, it's the Aearo Detail 23 Mosquito. It's just a bit funny, I found a book on Amazone for about 300 Euro aswell another book for aprox 300 euro, the last one I had bought in overhere for about 26 euro's in a regular shop.
On Ebay I have seen the first book, second hand, for 80 dollars, so It paid out when you looking around

Now I hope it's a original book without missing pages

You are right, it pays to shop around and the internet is an amazing place for that, especially for us modellers.

Nice couple of figures you have picked up, particularly the pilot. Reminds me of when I did a Spitfire with the pilot just jumping of the wing (GB 7), many of these fine forum buddies commented saying 'it looked like he was busting for a pee'.

Nice figures. One thing to keep in mind is that the Mossie pilot would have had the seat type parachute as shown in your second figure. The Navigator didn't wear his chute but stowed it on board so, to be correct, your Navigator would be carrying the chute over his shoulder and have a map case in hand if the crew is about to get in the plane. If the pilot was nice, he might carry the map case for his underling.

Yep, Andy, you were right, I have seen it, but didn't pay attention on it when I was looking for the figures. There is quit a different between both, especially at the flight helmet and goggles. I was intended to given the little vignette the name "the vet takes care of the newbie" , where the pilot is the blackdog figure and the Aires figure the navigator, but maybe I have changed, however, I think, the old guy has a little more clothes and it should be logical that the navigator has the thin helmet wich could be more comfortable when laying on the bombsight. So, I will try to remove the chute from his behind in make it hanging on his shoulder. But anyhow, thanks for the correction, it would be painfull when I found out after the painting.

Users who are viewing this thread