The Stuka had established a reputation early in the war that it didn't deserve.
I'm not so sure about this.
As far as I can see - and always with the proviso of tactical surprise a relatively free hand uncontested by enemy fighters - the Stuka had a fully justified reputation.
Pin-point accuracy (in contrast to just about every other tactical level bomber anyone else was fielding) operational tactics which multiplied their effectiveness (I'm thinking especially about the genuinely useful close cooperation coordination with German army units here).
In relatively free airspace I can easily imagine the Stuka of 1939 - 40 (until the BoB.....when I think most would agree it was operating outside of it's designed competence) was about as effective a ground attacking plane as there was.
.....and I don't know about anyone else but as a 'terror weapon' those damned 'Jericho trumpets' still send a chill down my spine at the thought of being on the angry end of them!
As other have said and as history shows, in contested airspace and without sufficient fighter cover or caught alone, it was probably as big a death-trap as any other bomber of that weight power defensive armament (although the video interview above is interesting, perhaps not quite the complete 'game over' some of us might have imagined).
I did read once that the LW never had more than 500 Ju87's available (all fronts) at any one time which to me indicates again a rep which must have been earned, not a PR conjuring.
For the eastern front I would imagine the D G models (had they had enough of them) given decent fighter support would have furthered that rep considerably.
Germany's own IL2-style flying tank, perhaps?
It was certainly not the 'wonder weapon' of the early war propaganda but I think nevertheless it was a very effective unit to have.