SturmFw website

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Les it really doesn't alter the overall painting unless you are a purest like me.....I am actually thinking quite seriously in purchasing one for my office/study. here is another pic but no on the Ost fron where IV.Sturm/JG 3 and II.Sturm/JG 4 were stationed from January 45's end till wars end. The pilot shown in the leather jacket is Siegfried Müller winner of the DK in gold.

Attachments

• mullers2_180.jpg
    mullers2_180.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 608
different unit and different pilot. Should let Neil make mention of this

Fw. Wolfgang Hundsdorfer of 2./JG 300 in Röte 10, his 109G-10 in October ? 1944. note the outfit/life preserver fit and his personal Lumpi motif on the fuselage. the pic is on the cover of volume 1 JG 300 produced by Jean Yves Lorant/Richard Goyat, with Neil Page as translator. this is of course the French version.

Attachments

• lorant_113.jpg
    lorant_113.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 614
thought I would not deny my friends here......

a map of at leat 20 some B-24's of the 445th crash~sites. Note the approximity proving the closeness of the action by the SturmFw's and how quickly the Libs fell

Attachments

• kassel1_625.gif
    kassel1_625.gif
    80.2 KB · Views: 581
another map showing the devaition after the IP for the poor 445th bg and approx. whre attacked in masse by the Geefechtsverband. IV.Sturm/JG 3 came in first and then about a minute or so later JG 4 Sturms with JG 300's Fw 190's and I./JG 300 providing high cover and taking out cripples.
Only with the return of the P-51's of the 361st fg Yellow Jackets was the 445th able to send any homeward

Attachments

• kassel3_123.png
    kassel3_123.png
    100.7 KB · Views: 597
I wonder if Neil could find his drawing of the Gefechtsverband in position to attack the rear of a bomber formation ? view from the tail gunners position and if you think about it, it is pretty overwhelming

I know this is really late but I understand what you mean about the shell casings and tracers making the image look comical, they just don't look like they belong.

ok an old thread but thoughtnI would bring it back since Osprey has just released their version of Sturmgruppen with emphasis on IV.Sturm/JG 3. Not real sure if I will buy this small book as I have stuff that is pretty well covered in the files. hey another painting of a nasty bunch of characters on the prowl.

rk.gif

Attachments

• sturm_296.jpg
    sturm_296.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 290

Users who are viewing this thread

Back