Sunny91: Video Extraordinaire

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol:

Attachments

• Double posters.gif
    Double posters.gif
    22.4 KB · Views: 155
Yes, great work Sunny .. I'm a fan but.....

I'm surprised that the Mods allow many of the posts... Re-posting links from YouTube is one thing but uploading material that is copyrighted and available on DVD for sale is blatant piracy.

Horse is culpable and taking a big risk. This not an opinion. This is a fact. I'm not passing judgment... just an observation. if i worked my ass off on a documentary for NOVA and residuals were part of my salary, I'd be pretty upset that the videos that are posted.

My purpose is not to discuss the moral aspects or whether anybody or not would end up purchasing the DVDs (very few would).

It doesnt matter if it's for re-sale or not... this is a peer to peer model. Ask Napster and Metallica how that works.

Personally.. i would put them in a restricted area for members with over 1000 posts.

Last edited:
Also for you those of you that arent aware, just this year things changed when the Recording Industry started suing, and winning against, users that do the actual downloading. It's not just the site owner who is at risk...

Federal jury finds Jammie Thomas-Rasset guilty of illegally downloading 24 songs
Minnesota wife, mom slapped with fine of $80,000 per song, for total of $1.9 million

Woman fined to tune of $1.9 million for illegal downloads - CNN.com

The IP address (computers owners ID) is captured by this site and may be subpoenaed by the court.

I didn't think this was a big deal before but when this site not only officialy sanctions piracy, the members responsible are given Kudos, congrats and an "award" in a very visible way by most of the Mods you guys are begg'n for a bruisin.

This is no different than posting High Rez aviation images and encouraging users to download them w/o the permission or knowledge of the photog....
.. a subject that has been moralized at length.

All it takes is some 15 year old A$$ wipe with a grudge against this forum to cause a whole world of hurt.]

Last edited:
Hmmmm.... Ill tell ya Frank, I think u might be gettin alittle deep on this... People can copy files and videos from YouTube with a simple program as u know... If there was some sort of "witch hunt" for those that uploaded and/or downloaded these copyrighted video montages and segments of documentaries, I would be somewhat alarmed and caution sunny to only upload certain types of non-copyrighted materials....

At this time, I dont think theres anything to be concerned with involving any sort of legal action against the sites owner, sunny or anyone that downloads one of his files....

And in reality, the number of files that sunny has uploaded that would possbily fall into this catogory u could count on one hand.... Im glad that u spoke up and said something tho Frank, as it is something to keep an eye on in the future of BS legal actions by our wonderful government.....

And I just cant seem to come to terms with what u posted abouve about the Mom getting fined for 24 songs... Theres people who have 10's of thousands of illegally copied songs, and the best that these scumbag ******* watchdogs could do was this???? Guaranteed this is the very first case of this sort to go to trial and all, but still, gimmie a frickin break, my tax dollars gettin flushed down the sh!tter so the Feds can bust a Hockey Mom from Minnnesota....

The RIAA also posted this year they are no longer pursuing downloaders as it has just been too expensive. They are leaving it up to, and assisting when needed, you ISP to monitor heavy downloaders. In that case, the ISP will send you a cease and desist letter. Then, if you continue, they will cut your connection speed to dial up speed.

I personally know three people this happened to and all three of these guys were downloading gig's of movies, games, and songs every day.

As for the prosecution of individuals... I agree and that the chance is slight and I only mentioned it as a side note but people may not realize that they are in fact committing a crime. My concern is for the site. They will be more harsh on publishers (the site) than individuals. Why take the risk?

Three facts
Openly posting illegally obtained files for download is certainly risky and unquestionably against the law.

This forum officially encourages peer to peer pirated materials.

There is a moral proselytizing when it comes to illegally obtaining photos and text. This is no different. It's like saying., "Kill the Somali pirate bastards, cut their balls off! ...Oh wait... they have a container ship of ipods and DVDs? COOOL! how much?" Why is the work of a video/film professional devalued? next time someone complains about proper citation of a photo or text... you'll hear me groaning all the way from FL.

Downloaded files can propagate logarithmically. One person downloads and gives or sells to two others... they in turn share it with their friends. Before long, you could have 20 people with contraband materials from one source.... this site.

nevermind the tangent about the individuals... this site is exposing itself to unnecessary risk. At least put them in a locked thread! Many long time users feel comfortable here.. it's easy to forget that the whole world has access to this site.

FYI.. new search engine technology is underway that can search for audio waveform matches in audio and video files. Sample 10 seconds of a video... hit "search" and you'll see where it's posted.

also... Dan... I see more risk in posting entire shows from sources like "NOVA" than editing to a montage. maybe I'm naive but i dont think they'd care about a montage but they will certainly be interested in knowing that entire shows are posted..

A montage i edited was removed from YouTube because of Rights Violations. IMO there is a big difference between editing a montage to music and uploading an entire made for broadcast TV show. The Montage if anything would encourage people to go out and buy the music... It pumps me up. no one is going to take the audio from a youtube video and use it in their ipod

Last edited:
Please delete my comments if appropriate... I stand by them but they don't need to be public. I should have voiced my concerns to the Mods... but there is no "E-Mail all mods function"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back