Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

LA212 Spitfire pilots and aircraft database - Spitfire LA212

1642159150622.png

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
photo reconnaissance PRU MK4 Merlin 46 May 1943

1646479644770.png

Captured beute Search results for query: p9331

Kingscoy Nice shots of an early PR Spitfire P9331 at Reims. This PR Spitfire of 212 Sqn suffered a glycol leak following take-off from Meaux near Paris on 7 June 1940. Made a force landing at Champagne airfield near Reims. Pilot believed to be F/Lt 'Tug' Wilson. French were asked to destroy it but failed to do so and consequently was captured intact by German troops.

1650019811148.png

1650019819233.png

Last edited:
Captured beute Search results for query: p9331

Kingscoy Nice shots of an early PR Spitfire P9331 at Reims. This PR Spitfire of 212 Sqn suffered a glycol leak following take-off from Meaux near Paris on 7 June 1940. Made a force landing at Champagne airfield near Reims. Pilot believed to be F/Lt 'Tug' Wilson. French were asked to destroy it but failed to do so and consequently was captured intact by German troops.

View attachment 664850

View attachment 664851

For sure very nice photo!! I could get in touch with the seller and agreed on a price for this one and three additional ones. Regrettably I can't share them because the buy was a joint acquisition between my own project and the project Spitfire AA810 - Restoring Sandy's Spitfire. However, I have posted one of the others photos on my own project FB page: Spitfire PR IB N3069 - Remembering F/O Mervyn Wheatley.

So sorry for my delayed reply though...I've been so occupied with my project that I spent far to little time on this forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back