Supermarine Wallrus 1/48

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

deckape

Staff Sergeant
Jul 26, 2011
Moraine Ohio U.S.A.
Ahoy
Here is another collection I done many years ago, I will post a couple here and there until I get another build thread underway. This is a Smer kit in the scale of 1/48 to my knowledge this is the only ejection former plastic kit. I could be wrong there might be some out there i have no knowledge of. The kit is molded in heavy skyblue plastic Rosie the riviter has taken her toll on the kit. There are rivites Galore they have to be sanded down which in turn I done, Built straight from the box there are no aftermarket detail set on this build. In 1982 when this kit was built there was no such thing of photo etch and resin parts you are on your own back then. Nowdays with these parts available no bars hold on what can be done.

Boats

Attachments

• PICT0002-6.jpg
    PICT0002-6.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 190
  • PICT0003-5.jpg
    PICT0003-5.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 89
  • PICT0004-6.jpg
    PICT0004-6.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 101
  • PICT0005-6.jpg
    PICT0005-6.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 100
  • PICT0006-6.jpg
    PICT0006-6.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 102
  • PICT0007-5.jpg
    PICT0007-5.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 115
  • potw1042.jpg
    potw1042.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 121
Nice one Boats, and a coincidence. I've been looking at maybe getting the Smer kit for use in a 'Rescue' diorama, but it's closer to 1/50th scale, so I'm still deciding.

Nice. And don't buy the Revell 1/72nd kit. The engine/strut alignment is a %@$#%@!. If choose to accept the challenge, buy a fifth of whiskey to go along with it. You'll need it.

Ahoy Fellas
thank you all for your reply on my Walrus it was a fun build, the only 1/72 scale walrus I have ever seen was the old airfix kit I built one of those old kits in the early 1960,s from what I remembered is that it went together very well, I painted it with the old 10 cent bottles of pactra paint sad they dont make those paints anymore they were the best paints on the market at that time. thanks evyone for your reply.

boats

Great work boats.

You don't look a day over 20!

Ahoy copcheck
LOLllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll thanks dont feel a day over 20 just an old fart in the wind LOLLLLlllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll Thanks sir.

Boats

Users who are viewing this thread

Back