Sweden here I come.....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

What's all this then?
I'll have you know that, the further north you go (yes, there is life beyond Watford!), the more friendly and hospitable are the people. And we actually talk to strangers, and make them them welcome!
Of course, this is all to do with the more refined, laid-back way of life, in cleaner, fresher air, away from the rat race and 'keeping up with the Jones's', where we can see open countryside without having to travel half a day, and the predominant language is still English!
Oh, and we can drink water straight from the tap, without having to filter it - not that I'd know what it tastes like of course, with all the great beers we have in this civilised part of the World ................

That's the stuff old chap. And remember what W.C. Fields said about it "Don't drink water - fish make love in it!".
Anyway, when they make beer, and whisky, they put water in it, so that'll do for me !!

What's all this then?
I'll have you know that, the further north you go (yes, there is life beyond Watford!), the more friendly and hospitable are the people. And we actually talk to strangers, and make them them welcome!
Of course, this is all to do with the more refined, laid-back way of life, in cleaner, fresher air, away from the rat race and 'keeping up with the Jones's', where we can see open countryside without having to travel half a day, and the predominant language is still English!
Oh, and we can drink water straight from the tap, without having to filter it - not that I'd know what it tastes like of course, with all the great beers we have in this civilised part of the World ................

Life beyond Watford? An industrial wasteland filled with slags heaps, endless crime ridden council estates, rain every day, gloomy inhabitants, the sound of Coronation street coming from every house ( well, those with tellys) and horrendous pies and gloopy beers. YUK.
I got a bit lost in Manchester looking for some scally flogging a Capri, every where I went there were groups of louts looking for an innocent southern boy to turn over. MAN bloody U posters, dereliction and closed shops. I felt quite depressed driving through Middleton.

Life south of Watford is a paradise of plenty, style, poise, clear blue skies, courage, commitment and importance.

Come south Terrance, you know it makes sense and no one will take the piss out of your northern accent either :)

Last edited:
Other war zones/cities are sea side resorts, caravan parks, compared to Glasgow! ;) :lol:

That is exactly why god put the northerners were we did to act as a buffer against the Scottish rabble for the southern English. Mind you we are nearer the continent...umm...Scots or continentals? There is only one way to find out

FIGHT :)

Oh, we have done that and won several times. :)

Of course old boy! Don't want today's football hooligans feel, you know....less....hmmm...more like choir boys....others, less impressing, expressions comes to mind you know...what would they have left..?
Oh dear, oh dear....can't have that, oh no, no, noooo... :lol:

Yip, it's that time of the year again, although, a tad later this year due to the blasted Commonwealth Games and Edinburgh Festival, but......on Monday, the 8th, we're bound for Sweden....

OMG………………..I was thinking of going there as well………………..best cancel……………!
b0227.gif

Have a good one Jan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back