Swedish Gloster Gladiator (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ikerus

Airman 1st Class
Sep 15, 2009
indianapolis, IN
I am looking for pictures of Gloster Gladiator that is in Swedish colors. I am trying to help a friend find some pictures for his model, and so far I am coming up short. If anyone has anything it would help.

The top photo is from the net, middle from Monografie Lotnicze#24 and the bottom one from Squadron in action 187.

swe.JPG
swe1.JPG
swe2.JPG

Geo

Thank you, I had done an internet search, but had not found quite as much as you did, maybe I wasn't specific enough. I was trying to find a color rendering with a black and white to back it up but I think you have done that. Again I thank you.

You'r welocome. Color rendering black and white.. ???? Rather silver and olive green for the Winter War.... as memo serves.

for the contest, its preferred that you have a black and white photo to back up color photo that you referenced. we both go to scale contests, and its hard sometimes to back up the color scheme that we choose to bring back to life, so to speak.

Everybody probably knows this already but just in case it has slipped past without anyone noticing Airfix have just released a kit in the above skull and cross bones winter war scheme complete with skis.
PS, it is a very good kit.

......just as a warning, these markings were only in use, when F-19 (Swedish volunteer Squadron in Finland) was heading for home....in combat, they used the Finnish markings....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back