Swine flu vaccine being dangerous... Watch yourselves !

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The vaccin is for vulnerable people. So elderly, people with lung diseases etc. For them this vaccin is safer than getting the flue. If you're healthy there's no reason to get one of these vaccins. But otherwise it's wise to get one.

Please keep things in perspective when posting things like this and don't spread panic when there's no need to.

It is extremely rare for someone to develop Guillan-Barre syndrome from the flu shot and I am thinking this woman's dystonia may be a manifestation of GB.
I did notice the youtube clip was posted by some immune-boosting supplement company, so please consider probable motives of the poster.
When it comes to information on the novel H1N1 vaccine and the seasonal flu vaccine..please ask a family doctor, consult the local or state health department webpage...or consumer medical sites like webmd, or health provider sites like medcape...just NOT the popular media and certainly NOT a 2 minute "hook" designed to increase viewership by peddling hysteria.

Sorry for the small rant, but there is so much compelling science to support the flu vaccines it is frustrating to see an alarmist report aired for its sensational effect.....and then this may cause persons to refuse the flu vaccine. :( Sad!

Regards,
Derek

It is extremely rare for someone to develop Guillan-Barre syndrome from the flu shot and I am thinking this woman's dystonia may be a manifestation of GB.
I did notice the youtube clip was posted by some immune-boosting supplement company, so please consider probable motives of the poster.
When it comes to information on the novel H1N1 vaccine and the seasonal flu vaccine..please ask a family doctor, consult the local or state health department webpage...or consumer medical sites like webmd, or health provider sites like medcape...just NOT the popular media and certainly NOT a 2 minute "hook" designed to increase viewership by peddling hysteria.

Sorry for the small rant, but there is so much compelling science to support the flu vaccines it is frustrating to see an alarmist report aired for its sensational effect.....and then this may cause persons to refuse the flu vaccine. :( Sad!

Regards,
Derek

Derek, my feelings exactly.

Marcel, even seemingly healthy people can be at risk from the flu.

The Spanish Influenza strain, from 1918 attacked the most healthy people and spared the most vulnerable.

H1N1 seems to be especially hard on teenagers and those in their early twenties.

I am not yet too concerned with this strain of the flu yet. The typical flu is much more deadly.

It has been estimated that over a million Americans have already had H1N1 flu. The vast majority never even new it. They went home, took some store bought flu medicine and got some rest and their immune system took care of the rest.

Notice how it says "Seasonal flu shot" not "Swine flu shot" ......... there's a difference. Unless they're meaning Swine Flu wrong.

And as said before, it's a rare thing, not EVERYONE who gets it will come down with this, it is rare....

But hey there are 3-4 states in the US that haven't been greatly effected (I saw this on the news...) and the three I remember were South Carolina, New Jersey and Massachusetts.

Last edited:
If you're having trouble getting the Flu Shot or the Swine Flu Vaccination (there are all sorts of problems getting it out to the public), consider the temporary alternative to the shot- Beer. It produces a temporary euphoric feeling with generally decreases anxiety caused by the Flu. It can be taken by the individual very easily. However, if you are nervious about taking "Beer", it is generally very easy to find a proffesional (called a Bartender) who can administer a serving of beer for you. You will be required to "drink" (also known as consume) the "Beer" but there are generally other beer users in close proximity to the Bartender who can help you get the hang of drinking beer.

However, keep in mind, drinking a lot of beer in a short time can make you wish you had the flu instead.

I had the swine flu myself a couple of weeks ago. I used natural remedies to control most of the effects...was bedridden for a few days and lost my voice for a while afterwards. Mostly it's the high fever and the vomitting that puts you in risk...first time I've been sick for a good couple years.

Rather than get the vaccine, I'd just recommend being healthy. The biggest group of deaths have been those with compromised immune systems (like underlying health issues and drug abuse). My gov. intelligence ex-boyfriend says "get yourself to the ER if your fever comes back for the second time". Just passing it on...

Stay healthy and safe. :)

A coworker of mine had it. Said he was ready to come back to work after 2 days (of course he stayed out for longer). In his opinion the regular flu was worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back