Switcha's Lancaster pics

Have had some spare time by accident so things are coming along quickly.
1002381lg2.jpg


I had already glued the canopy down and then discovered that the front of the canopy was lower than the fuselage so I had to remove the canopy and shim it. A little putty and almost perfect.
1002380ue2.jpg


I like the shape of the 109's
1002382ik0.jpg


Cheers Switcha
 
great work Switcha!

whats the 109 sitting on in the last shot? some kind of stand is it?

That is a Tamiya paint stand. It comes as a two piece set, one is the wire stand and the other is a turn table type stand. Should retail for about $29.00 here in OZ.
You can just see the second stand in the top picture ( behind the white box).

Cheers Scottie.
 
ok, question. what is with those black lines all over the plane? what are they for? I keep seeing them on a ton of models
 
Hi guys sorry for the huge gap, I didn't drop off the earth but my ISP (internet service provider) decided to 'block' this site and it kept on coming up with unable to connect.


Paint on
1002384jz3.jpg


1002385kp0.jpg


1002386mb6.jpg


Unfortunatly the decals are %^$ and they shattered on the large decals. the wing decals I persevered with but the fuselage decals I ended up painting as they were too bad to salvage. unfortunatly I did not match the paint correctly.
1002389tb2.jpg


1002390qw8.jpg


The smaller decals were okey but the were brittle and those #### eyes. They are now mostly paint as they also shattered and looked like they were 'bloodshot'. LOL
1002411xl4.jpg


The finished product, 4 months in the making.
1002448ly6.jpg


1002443gj2.jpg


1002447xh5.jpg


1002449jk7.jpg


1002444ne6.jpg


Still a few touch ups where the chrome paint has rubbed off the engine and a few other hic ups but i'm pleased with the result other than the decals.

Cheers Switch
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back