T Bolt's 1:1 P-47 Cockpit (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That looks wonderful Pat! Good to hear from you again and good to see that you finished your Razorback. I whish there was a way to link my cockpit to a simulator program but with all the original instruments I don't see how that could be done. Maybe some day I can at least hook the throttle to a sound system. That might be possible, Gary did something similar with his P-51 cockpit.

Thank you Glenn

Here a guy that work with adapting real jauge for his Piper cub simulator :
colibrisim » Simulateurs de vol
With a translator you can study this.
Now its possible but very complicated...

Your cockpit looks fantastic...y have in mine a small part of your : a picture of engine primer !

It's hard to believe it been almost 2 1/2 years since I've worked on the cockpit but that's what it's been, no progress since late December 2013. I decided to start up on it again, but to start on something new so last week I bought a sheet of MDF and some hardware and today started work on the forward bulkhead cover.

The forward bulkhead before I started. I need to close this in wile leaving room for the rudder bar (bottom horizontal uni-strut) to move in and out, so the bulkhead cover will be in an upper and lower section.
01 IMG_0830.JPG

The top panel cut with attachment holes drilled.
02 IMG_0827.JPG

The covers will have to be easily detachable for access to the back side of the control panel so they will be held in place with bolts screwed into these pronged nuts that I pressed into the back side of the bulkhead frame.
03 IMG 0828.JPG

The top cover in place. Still have to make up the bottom cover.
04 IMG_0824.JPG

The next step is to make up wooden strips to attach to the control panel side of the covers to replicate the corrugated surface of the bulkhead as shown at the red arrows on this picture from the internet. When finished they will be painted with chromate green primer.
05 5500561287_c5e8b15255_o.jpg

No Karl, still a long way to go. Just have been too busy with other things lately. I have to finish up the upper cockpit sill framing then start finishing out the interior, attaching all the sidewall bits and pieces I've collected over the years. Then finally the skin.

Glenn, I really like what you've accomplished so far; It is a very clean and detail work that gives pleasure watching them entertained.

Saludos :thumbup:

Luis Carlos

I'm very impressed.

Been working on making P47 controls for desktop throttle and stick.

Want to start working on the throttle model. Have loads of pictures and bits from the manual. But what I need are dimensions and photos of the internal bits. And photoed a square on as possible for modding.

T Bolt if you could take some measurements it would be really appreciated. And if anyone knows how the tension adjuster works, a description of that would be great.

Thanks a lot.

Heh! I just pulled a vacuum powered directional gyro like that one out of my Ercoupe to make room for a GPS display.

You know, you could install the radio control boxes and actually wire them up to work.

Been a wile since I worked in it, maybe I'll get some work done this winter.

Great to see what Glenn has done with his P47. Hoping to finally get some work on my smaller section this Christmas.
It would be good to see what you've done with it Tony. Be sure to post it.

Heh! I just pulled a vacuum powered directional gyro like that one out of my Ercoupe to make room for a GPS display.

You know, you could install the radio control boxes and actually wire them up to work.
My plan was to wire up some of the lights and switches and the gunsight. I actually got the gunsight to light up for me. I have the radio control box, but I think getting that wired up is beyond my capabilities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back