Tamiya 1/48 A6M5 Zero/Zeke (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Life got a bit in the way and I haven't had time to do much modelling. But got the airbrushed markings done on the Zero this week. I think they mostly came out alright. The green is a bit darker than it appears in the photo, I really struggle to get the exposure right when photographing dark aircraft.

I slightly messed up the Hinomarus by spraying them white then red than masking the red and spraying the black. Even though I tried to make the coats as thin as possible there was a slight visible red and white edge around the black. Lesson learned, always start from the outermost colour. That's what I normally do, but went the other way this time because starting from the outermost colour it's hard to get them concentric. I tried to cover it by going around the edge of the black bits with a hairy brush and some really heavily thinned down black and green paint, hoping that after a matte varnish it isn't too visible.

It's already got a gloss coat on it, ready for some weathering and decals.

full.jpg

Good work so far WolfRacer, ...the painting looks good and the details you do not like in the Hinomarus, are minimal and at a distance would seem chipping paint by weather and time.

Saludos :thumbup:
Luis Carlos

The Zero is coming out very nicely. I can't see the traces of white on the hinomarus so you must've done a good job fixing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back