Tamiya 1:48 Nakajima A6M2-N Kit #61016 (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fubar57

General
37,460
27,191
Nov 22, 2009
The Jungles of Canada
Jesse very kindly sent me this and I told him I would build one more time here. I'm finishing up the Wildcat so without further ado.....

Danger.jpg


​
 
Looking good. However If I were you I would put the bolt conversely. The screw head is heavier IMHO. So the CG would be moved at the better location.
 
Hey Jesse Viking1066 Viking1066 You have any Tamiya mix for red brown primer? I found this site that gives colour approximations...
1782842894056.png
 
If you go to the link, she's using an actual book for the chips, click on the "Click Here For More In-depth Information" button
 
Viking1066 Viking1066 And so we start; not at the beginning but in the middle. Floats are together and the dolly parts were removed from the sprues.The parts labelled "A" were made of wood so the will be painted black with some wood chip weathering. The parts labelled "B" were metal so will be painted black with silver and rust weathering

IMG_3946.JPG

​
The dolly supports have some dimples so I'll use goop to level everything out

IMG_0001.JPG

​
Probably won't get anything done tomorrow. Heading to PG tomorrow to see my chemical doctor
 
Imma gonna go with this shade

View attachment 885517


Geo, from what I understand and according to the colour book of Ijnaf aeroplanes by Modelart (n565) and the Model Art Profile n12 monograph on the A6M and its variants, they say the colour was D1 Deep Green, but it also mentions that the colour could vary or be translucent, with the primer colour showing through, resulting in a toasted beige hue – because Japanese paints were just that good... I buy them here ARAWASI toppage
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back