tamiya 1/48 spitfire

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

madpig

Recruit
Apr 30, 2010
hey, guys~i am a new menber in this website, and come from Hong Kong. nice to you guys!~
i have done the spitfire a month ago. plz give me some advice to improve my skill~
THANKS~
P3290168.jpg

P3290167.jpg

P3290169.jpg

P3290171.jpg

P3290172.jpg

P3290176.jpg

P3290179.jpg

P3290181.jpg

P9230019.jpg

PA290079.jpg

PA290080.jpg

PA290085.jpg

PA290086.jpg

PA290090.jpg

PA290094.jpg

THANK YOU FOR WATCHING

Welcome!....you seem to have done a pretty good job on the Spitty and figures....:D

:(I dont think good job with the figures, it hard to print the eyes. And the DXXX decals were very hard to put on. and i did broke some. some of the deacls were printed~ anyway, thanks!~:D

lovely diorama, i would have it displayed, but the wife might not :rolleyes:

1/48not too big!~this one only 23CM X25CM only~
I'll make the other plane Bf-109F-2. that one included German pilots ground personnel~
i would like to make more grasses and short trees, maybe.......~

Yup, I agree with Terry. Glossy clothing is not realistic unless it's leather (or kinky latex!). 1/48 is getting pretty small to do eyes on figures. I have not mastered this myself but believe that the secret is in shading the eye sockets rather than trying to get the eyballs right. I think you've done it really well.

On the plane, I'm not sure what happened to the the sliding canopy section - seems to be missing. I might have thought the yellow recognition banding on the wing leading edage to be a little wide but if Terry didn't mention it, it's probably right.

Welcome to the forum madpig, that's a great little diorama my friend and as others have said, maybe tone down the gloss on the figures. Also welcome to the forum

:hotsun: :hotsun:

Last edited:
To be honest, I hadn't noticed the yellow I.D. bands! Yes, they should be slightly narrower along the leading edge, and the finish of the aircraft is a touch too shiny. Also, the instrument panel should be black, but, so what, it' pretty good anyway!

Yup, I agree with Terry. Glossy clothing is not realistic unless it's leather (or kinky latex!). 1/48 is getting pretty small to do eyes on figures. I have not mastered this myself but believe that the secret is in shading the eye sockets rather than trying to get the eyballs right. I think you've done it really well.

On the plane, I'm not sure what happened to the the sliding canopy section - seems to be missing. I might have thought the yellow recognition banding on the wing leading edage to be a little wide but if Terry didn't mention it, it's probably right.

the canopy is not missing, just forgot to put it on when taking photo~:(
thank you about the print eyes advice~

I DID forgot something to print~
1)the figures didnt flat, too shining~
2)the plane didnt use the semi gross~
3)the grass-- i just use a piece of fake grass stick on it~(that is the wrost thing)

and thanks all guys let me understand one thing, that is my ENGLISH not good.
MOM..........where is my dictionary??:laughing3:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back