Tank Busting Armaments... Whats The Best Setup???

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

the large link at the bottom of the site will take you to a page with thousands of profiles, it's a very good site...............

cheddar cheese said:
By the markings on the aircraft. The sensors were highly developed.

:lol:

Even if this was true...

Attachments

• typhoon_pr-g_raf_profile.jpg
    typhoon_pr-g_raf_profile.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 925
Sweet, but what about the USAAF aircraft? I know that ours were not as freindly to cannons, but the 8x0.50inch machine guns on the P-47 and its rockes were very good!

Question that 75mm cannon on the HA-129, did it work as well or poorly as the oe tried on the B-25s? The USAAF foud that the slow fireing times and small amount of rounds made it hard to use in aircraft and that was on shipping mostly, not even tanks that have a lot more of them. ;)

Tiffy Mk 2
4 X 20mm Cannon
up to 16 X 60lb rockets (Experimental 2 Tier Mounts)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MP-Willow said:
Question that 75mm cannon on the HA-129, did it work as well or poorly as the oe tried on the B-25s? The USAAF foud that the slow fireing times and small amount of rounds made it hard to use in aircraft and that was on shipping mostly, not even tanks that have a lot more of them. ;)

The BK 7,5 used in the Hs 129 was much better than the US gun; partly because it was more powerful, but mainly because it had an autoloader whereas the B-25's gun needed a man to chuck a fresh cartridge into the breech each time it fired.

Tony Williams: Military gun and ammunition website and Discussion forum

The 6lb Anti Tank Gun fitted to the Mosquito Tetse, had an autoload arrangement produced by Molins, who were one of the major manufactures of Cigarette Dispensing Machines.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thnks, but I still think the 75mm guns were stil to slow for aircraft. I would have loved to see some 40mm cannons on the B-25, but the US loved the .50 so much and why not it as great for what it did! :)

Beef is beef and no I will not and hope Lanc wil not make some posts overly Politicaly Corect. I agree with Lanc, that Hurts, and the 0.50s were light, but the rate of fire dose make up for it. The P-38 seemed to have the bst mix. And some Hellcats had 20mm with the 0.50s as well.

I think that the arms need to be able to stay over the lines for a long time, and the 0.50s had lots of round to put out and hit you. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back