Tea and Coffee....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

20260128_143906_mfnr.jpg


TEA! :cool:
 
New Years Day 2026 0430 . . . wife packing her car for a 16 hour run to her parents for her father's 90 birthday. I am to hold the fort. Punch the start button on the coffee maker, Nothing happens. Again. Nothing happens. Self: "if you punch that button again, that means you're insane . . . no, it would mean I want coffee." Devise a work around without use of the coffee maker except for the holder and filter. Send wife on her way. Wally-World opens in a couple of hours. I'm there and out in 15 minutes with a new coffee maker. At home, set up, and start a pot.

Now, where is the Irish Mist, that golden elixir of life?

Wife says even on a good day I get a little unpleasant if there is no coffee.
 
Nah. Prefer my well proven choice

I need to try your version!
But, that Kraken, if you love coffee you'll love it, it's that goooood! I drink it straight, it's that well balanced and tasty! 🤤
Their Cherry and Salted Caramel is excellent as well!
 
I mostly drink coffee.
Daily caffeine: dark(or medium) roasted,Espresso(produced in Moka pot)
Coffee for enjoyment: light roast(recently Sinloy's Geisha from Finca Lerida), Americano by pour-over.
Thanks to Sinloy's Novashield I could store more coffee beans frozen in my refrigerator.
 
I mostly drink coffee.
Daily caffeine: dark(or medium) roasted,Espresso(produced in Moka pot)
Coffee for enjoyment: light roast(recently Sinloy's Geisha from Finca Lerida), Americano by pour-over.
Thanks to Sinloy's Novashield I could store more coffee beans frozen in my refrigerator.
Interesting "mantra" people seem to adhere to...Grinding your own beans.
The idea being that the coffee tastes better if you keep the bean whole until needed, because once ground, the beans immediately start going stale and lose their flavour.
I tested this theory when I was gifted my own bean grinder one Christmas.
What I found out was that the whole process was a giant pain and did NOTHING for flavour.
The coffee tasted the same.
These days, I get my coffee from the few grocery stores around here that still serve the whole beans that you can grind yourself right there at the store. My "secret" is I keep them in a sealed container, like the big 2 lb. plastic tubs you can get commercial coffee in.
Been working for me for many years now.
 
Interesting "mantra" people seem to adhere to...Grinding your own beans.
The idea being that the coffee tastes better if you keep the bean whole until needed, because once ground, the beans immediately start going stale and lose their flavour.
I tested this theory when I was gifted my own bean grinder one Christmas.
What I found out was that the whole process was a giant pain and did NOTHING for flavour.
The coffee tasted the same.
These days, I get my coffee from the few grocery stores around here that still serve the whole beans that you can grind yourself right there at the store. My "secret" is I keep them in a sealed container, like the big 2 lb. plastic tubs you can get commercial coffee in.
Been working for me for many years now.
Yep as long as the ground coffee was isolated enough it wouldn't be so oxidized to lose flavor;)
"Novashield"I mentioned before ensures that coffee beans are in an inert environment both inside the beans and the bag through multiple upgrades such as gas exchange within the beans, specially designed inert gas filling, pre-sterilization before packaging, and a composite reinforced multi-layer soft film, preventing oxidation and moisture absorption and locking in the peak flavor.
Most importantly it saves my money and time buying extra container
 
Last edited:
Interesting "mantra" people seem to adhere to...Grinding your own beans.
The idea being that the coffee tastes better if you keep the bean whole until needed, because once ground, the beans immediately start going stale and lose their flavour.
I tested this theory when I was gifted my own bean grinder one Christmas.
What I found out was that the whole process was a giant pain and did NOTHING for flavour.
The coffee tasted the same.
These days, I get my coffee from the few grocery stores around here that still serve the whole beans that you can grind yourself right there at the store. My "secret" is I keep them in a sealed container, like the big 2 lb. plastic tubs you can get commercial coffee in.
Been working for me for many years now.

I grind fresh on brewing and yeah, it's a little bit of pain. I like that the coffee has more body to it than prepackaged ground, but I've never bought grind-in-store. May try that soon. I have a bean-to-cup coffee-maker so it's less hassle, and it gets compliments. A lot of it is just buying good beans.

I store beans at room temp. When I used pre-ground, it was always stored in the freezer, though I imagine the fridge would be as good, because it's not temp that dulls coffee, but oxidation. The fridge is just as airtight.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back