Temora flying day pics

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

chook

Airman 1st Class
Mar 24, 2008
Sydney
Here are some pics from yesterdays flying day at Temora Aviation Museum in country NSW about 4 hrs drive from Sydney for those who don't know of this museum. I am not a photographer and have only a camera that fits into the palm of my hand not one with a metre long telescopic lense like evereyone else seemed to have so none of these photos are wallpaper material! I recorded the Spitfire flying past and is now my ringtone on mobile. Mrs thinks I'm a freak but I love it. Line up is L to R: Hornet, Sabre (after a 4yr total rebuild from o rings to ejection seat from Luftwaffe museum and first time flying in 16yrs), Hudson (behind), Meteor, Vampire, Kittyhawk, Boomerang and Spitfire all of which flew. I drove down with a mate early in the morning and back late last night and left the mrs with one sick baby and one just mental one so suffice to say guess who's daddy day care today! Worth it though. One day I'll figure out how to shrink photos, sorry.
IMG_2108.JPG

IMG_2107.JPG

IMG_2110.JPG

IMG_2106.JPG

IMG_2111.JPG

wasn't it a brilliant day? impressed with your ring tone ;) next time take the mrs and the baby(ies) - i did take my two girls and got me some souvenirs from the shop too. the 4 hours one way are a killer though - still worth it.

OK OK I get it. I haven't figured out how to shrink photos. I got a big screen too so doesn't bother me!!!!!
They're the only photos. Looked pretty pathetic trying to photograph planes in the air with a standard camera when I can't even find them through it. I'm not bothered cause for me it was about the experience not the pictures. My girls got aviator rubber duckies and I got a cool Spitfire t shirt but don't think I'd bring them next time. Too far for them to go to be more interested in the local sheep or cows or horses! The drive was bit boring but V8's love the highway so that kept me awake! How good was the Hornet pilot walking it past at what I reckon was a bees dick off falling onto the grass in a big stall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back