Testors 1/48 P-47D-5 Thunderbolt

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Uhhh finished the bays.....not really fun :lol:

Attachments

• P6300121.JPG
    P6300121.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 100
Looks like the wing to fuselage joint is going to need some work too. Remind me never to buy that kit!:lol:
You haven't glued the wings on yet , have you Harrison. If not, don't do it until you get the fuselage all straightened out as they will get on the way and make the fileing and sanding a lot harder. With all the work your having to do on this Jug you're modeling skills will have doubled by the time your through. Just think of it as a test bed for new modeling techniques. It would probably be hard to find a kit out there with more challenges!! Keep at it but try not to get burned out on it.

Harrison, If by any chance you opt for the hammer, try to salvage the cockpit. It would be ashame to waist it and it would probably fit in the Monogram razorback which is a much much better model than that Testors.

Ok as I'm waiting for the BoB GB to start I may try to fix this one...if possible. She looks in dam sore shape. Plus I can't find the tailwheels. Also the area aft of the canopy needs A LOT of work. Then sand down the rest to get smooth.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back