Testors 1/72 SBD Dauntless...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

LA2019

Airman 1st Class
Jan 11, 2009
Finished up my Testors Dauntless. Built straight from the box. Only additions are HobbyMaster pilots a PropBlur prop. The propblurs are kind of cool...I'm diggin' them! Kit was hand painted with Model Master enamels.

This is an old kit but was fun to build. There is no cockpit detail what-so-ever...excpet for two benches for the pilots. I had to buy a second kit just for the decals to cover the inscribed roundel on the fuselage. Kind of odd that it was inscribed in the first place. Oh well, I used my Michael's 40% coupon so these kits cost next to nothing!

IMG_3949.jpg

IMG_3950.jpg

IMG_3951.jpg

IMG_3952.jpg

IMG_3954.jpg

IMG_3955.jpg

IMG_3956.jpg

I like the prop. But think the blur engineering should be only behind the rotation. Sorry for being such a nit bastard. Really like it though!

Very, very nice. Ever since I watched the movie Midway as a kid, I've loved the Dauntless. :) Great job on the build!

I was messing around taking some outdoor pictures of the Dauntless. My intention was to get some shots with the sky as the background but it proved more difficult that I thought. Got an OK shot against a dark fence but the effect is not the same.

Anyone have any tips/suggestions/examples to get some cool shots with a sky background?

IMG_3969a.jpg

That is one very impressive build! It's nice to see what can be done to an older, less refined kit when you make use of skills and patience. Very well done indeed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back