The 3 Fighters

Which one would rule?

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

PeanutNavy

Recruit
Sep 30, 2011
USA
www.gameanswers.com
Which one would you go for? The american P-51, The british Messerschmitt. Bf-109, or the Supermarine British Spitfire? Well the design of the spitfire does look fancy, so are the others, maybe the p-51 because that would probably have the best equipment, I maybe would go for the P-51.

Hi PeanutNavy, you just need to edit that post a bit.

They were all good in their own right, but for me it's a toss-up between the P-51 and the Spitfire. If I had to choose, I'll go for the latter. The Spitfire did have its flaws, but it was and still is a beautiful aircraft. I won't deny the Mustang was brilliant though and possibly is the best 'all rounder' of the three.

Welcome the forum by the way!

Andy

I vote for the "British" Messerschmitt BF-109. How can it lose it has the best of both Worlds?! Everyone knows mixed breeds are better than temperamental pure-breds.:)

I would say no to the 109 simply because of the high loss rates of this aircraft during take offs and landings. In this poll, I had to go with Mustang.

You can compare stats, charts and performance characteristics and that will give a theoretical winner, but it still comes down to the man in the cockpit. It was often as simple as who saw who first. How many downed aviators were heard to say "I didn't see that coming"? So who would "rule" would depend on the pilot.

It always goes to the tactical objectives with these three.
If you want a tactical footprint with the largest area - projected well over enemy territory you have only one choice.

If you wish the best point defense with balance of firepower and climb and overall performance both the 109 and Spit should be superior over the 51.

If you want performance, range and load for fighter bomber or long range recce, there is only one choice.

Last edited:
You can compare stats, charts and performance characteristics and that will give a theoretical winner, but it still comes down to the man in the cockpit. It was often as simple as who saw who first. How many downed aviators were heard to say "I didn't see that coming"? So who would "rule" would depend on the pilot.

But it seemed some aircraft had the advantage more times than naught.

one on one it is always going to be the pilot or who saw who first.

one thousand on one thousand over several months and performance differences count.

And then we are back to can all three do the same job or more correctly the same number of jobs/missions.

Well I would take the "British" Bf 109 only because the Messerschmitt is my favorite aircraft.

In the end though it is the aircraft with the better pilot. The Mustang had one thing that neither had though. It had the range to take the fight wherever it was needed.

P.S. I should edit the poll to say "German Messerschmitt Bf 109", but then it would kind of take away the humor of this thread, so I wont. I think the forum needs some humor...;)

I always did think the p-51 was the best wwii aircraft in the world, is it? And the spitfire is my favorite, but i'm still going for the p-51.

Think of the P51 as a spin off from the Spitfire and you are on the money PNN

I'll also vote for the British Bf-109 with American pilot and Russian Pit Crew.

Out of the three the Mustang is obviously superior to the other two in most aspects and overall balancing. Should be noted it's also a few years younger so somewhat unfair to compare two ageing designs against it. Unless you'd compare Mk IX, Bf 109 G and P-51A. That'd be more interesting.

Out of the three the Mustang is obviously superior to the other two in most aspects and overall balancing. Should be noted it's also a few years younger so somewhat unfair to compare two ageing designs against it. Unless you'd compare Mk IX, Bf 109 G and P-51A. That'd be more interesting.

If you could take the parts of the 3 aircraft in question to make one fighter, which parts would you all choose?

Engine
Armament
Climb
and so on.

Cheers
John

I would vote for the british Me 109...if Messherschmidt is making planes for Britian in 1939, who are making fighters for the Germans????? Maybe a He 100, or He 112? Hawker, Supermarine AND Me on the same team.....now that would be an awsome team......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back