The Best Bf - 109 Variant ?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it is probably off topic because it is not a Me-109 but another aircraft that I thought was extremly awesome looking was the Focke-Wulf Ta-152. She was similar to a Fw-190 but more streamlined and was quite impressive in performance.

Attachments

• ta152-1.jpg
    ta152-1.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 870
The 190D was sweet with its longer nose. I was always more fond of the aircraft with inline engines instead of the aircraft with radial engines just because they looked more aerodynamic and streamlined. But like the 190 I also really liked the P-47 (I might be wrong with the designation). It was a very impressive and powerfull aircraft.

The "Jug" was a kickass plane that produced the Highest Ranking American Ace in the European Theatre, Francis Grabreski....... It could take so much punishment from enemy fire and still fly along on 10 cylinders....

Pilots of P-47's regulary shot down very high ranking German Aces..... Guys with like 6 kills to their credit knocking out an Ace with over 150 kills.... Excellent fighter and ground attack platform.....

At which altitude???? Which version of the -47 and the -109???? Alot of those kills were made by surprise, sneaking up on the -109's six o clock and pumping a .50 calibre rainbow up his German Ass.....

Alot of those kills were from turning inside the -109 as well as from power.....

Not all pilots flew their plane as it should have been flown... Some flew them far beyond what the manufacture said was safe as well.... Some flew like pansies.....

I agree about the bubble canopy. It looks much better than the "razorback" Most aircraft looked better with a bubble canopy. I think in a dogfight I would want either a P-51D or a Me-109F or G. The Me-109 mostly because it my favorite aircraft. I believe most of the kills on a Me-262 achieved by the slower prop driven aircraft were taken when the Me-262 was on the take off and much slower speeds and unable to maneuver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back