The Best Bf - 109 Variant ?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i would say the 'k' was the best performance wise, even though unfortunately it was flown by undertrained pilots( here the mediocre handling must have been an issue) but the 'f' was the nicest to fly, while undergunned. Just ask mr Nowotny!

Lanc have had a migrane for 6 days now and it is pea soup foggy so I am a bit testy this morning........

The G-10 could finally catch the dreaded night bomber Mossie over Berlin and the single engine Luftw night boys preferred this unit until the Me 262A became available. One chap that is included in our book makes mention of over 470mph in his G-10 chasing a Mossie until he blew the pistons out of the craft . the engine froze solid and he was up over 30,000 feet still and motionless until the craft dropped like a stone and he bailed out, freezing his arse off in the descent landing hard on the top of a barn. to his aid was 5 Russian pow's, the Luftwaffe pilot thought at first he had landed in Soviet held territory since his unit was defending Berlin...

One is clocked at 450 plus flat out. but there are a few secrets that were done to this G variant. any guess's ? think speed to catch the wooden wonder, what would have to happen to the G varinat to enable this ??? Remeber guys 10.(N)/JG 300 Moskito-jagd was a stealth unit

Methanol injection was standard on the G-6/AS and the G-10 which they flew but it was a couple of other items of interest......think lightness and ?

Erich said:
Methanol injection was standard on the G-6/AS and the G-10 which they flew but it was a couple of other items of interest......think lightness and ?

Well, would say, since it is night, the armour was removed and maybe the mgs.

c'mon let's get serious. if you are going to chase one of the fastest Allied a/c during the war what are you going to have to do to soup up the Bf 109G ?

nope, think engine and ? the engine was the AS with 2-3 stage turbocharger and MW 50 water injection which gave it a short 10/15 minute burst of speed, any longer than that then you have engine seizure as I mentioned. there are 2 different applications though that remain, and you guys are getting close though.....one was to the engine and the other to the fuselage outside. you may laugh once you find out but it did increase overall all speed by a large margain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread