The best Signature pic

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Apart from that I think your signature is nice. :) I like the IAR's, also because they had an airframe from PZL P.24 :lol:

ok so mines a little large, however in all fairness my posts would take up no less space if it were smaller as the bottom of me siggy's in line with the bottom of the stuff on the left..........

Ok guys, post the picture you want and right click it. then go to properties and get the URL. Then edit your profile and in the signature box type

Click ok and voila!

Thanx CC... I also like the IAR's...they represented the days when Romania really did have an AIR FORCE... Nowadays our "Air Force" SUCKS :cry: ... you could take our entire fleet down with a scuadron of Spits(I hope I'm just bullshiting) :)... And we had some of the earliest geniuses in flying: Henri CUanda, Aurel Vlaicu...and many others... Now our MiG's fall from the sky like flys... Damn we've ended down... :cry:

Attachments

• 27crash1_351.jpg
    27crash1_351.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 428
Beautiful shots. 317th sqn markings are OK, but I wonder if the cammo is right. Shouldn't it be ocean grey and dark green as on other Spits since 1941?

Brunner said:
Beautiful shots. 317th sqn markings are OK, but I wonder if the cammo is right. Shouldn't it be ocean grey and dark green as on other Spits since 1941?

Not sure which Spit you are referring to, The top spitfire pic has the code of ZH which is from 266 sdn of no 12 group whittering sector Kings Cliffe Airfield in 1942 before they re-equipped with Typhoons so its the borderline time before the cammo change.

317 Polish sdn had the codes of JH and at this time were with 10 group Exeter sector Exeter airfield. they did have the green/grey camo then.

The second picture is a restored spitfire that was at duxford, with the JH codes - its possible that they got the cammo wrong on that one!!

The third pic is of a restored spitfire with the codes of D-B for douglas Bader - and as we all know his real aircraft was shot down in france and he was taken prisoner.

Concorde247 said:
Brunner said:

317 Polish sdn had the codes of JH and at this time were with 10 group Exeter sector Exeter airfield. they did have the green/grey camo then.

The second picture is a restored spitfire that was at duxford, with the JH codes - its possible that they got the cammo wrong on that one!!

Yes I was talking about the second one, with JH. It HAS to be wrong cammo. The 317th got their Spits in early 1942 so it should have been green/grey cammo.

But even with such mistakes it is indeed a beautiful plane.

Do you have some pics of 92nd sqn Spits Mk.VIII (Italy 1943) by chance?
I can't figure out if they had normal wing tips or the longer ones (high alt.)...

I'm looking particularly for the Spit of James Francis Edwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back