The Cold War? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

In the eyes of any victors when they look back, being weak or not at 5 mins to midnight means nothing if they/we/whomever won.
Regime, possibly the EU administration itself... but what happens after this economic cloud of depression lifts, what will survive, what won't, were are still in the after effects of the last 150 years, let alone the Yonger Dryas and what is shaping up now - Cold War, nah, it just thawed a little - MAD's still in place.

British press good at somethings, but to our nation, they are just inscesant, annoying, backstabbers acting as a gentlemans club wanna-be secret police with phone hacks, stealing packets of info and being so intrusive to those they target, no wonder Gazza drinks, whistle-blowers commit suicide or that youth/gang crime is spreading - it sells papers, and we the Brits put up, shut up and buy it.
But we are more likely to be truthful about events abroad or actually be allowed to show protests somewhere than most other nations I feel - mixed emotions about the press have I.

Last edited:
1.7 million for that NoTW ginger horror. Some price to pay eh...

There is a global economic issue and no one will be unaffected.

It is ironic (to return to the Cold War) that the fears we had of a massive Soviet nuclear strike, the nuclear winter and all the radiation fall out have gone to be replaced with an economic 'melt down' and 'fall out'. Similar terms !!

I shudder to think what will happen when the oil starts to run out....

So, what do we do now?

John

Buy all the pedal powered dynamos and link them to the charge storage batteries/capacitors, which inturn are linked to the national grid(s) and get ready in series/relay/en-rota to pedal like you've never predalled before... or use some sanitary pipe attachments to collect our own 'bio-gases' (when 'brewed') for refining for usage...

Buy all the pedal powered dynamos and link them to the charge storage batteries/capacitors, which inturn are linked to the national grid(s) and get ready in series/relay/en-rota to pedal like you've never predalled before... or use some sanitary pipe attachments to collect our own 'bio-gases' (when 'brewed') for refining for usage...

Haha..I'm pedalling mate and collecting gas....:fart:

Last edited:
If the melody and structure of a song could maybe indicate Europes mixed feelings of now and when, without intending others to spotlight the nation from which it came, imho,
Klaus Doldinger's - Das Boot full song might be it.
Since it encompasses dispair, determination, hope resignation (not that kind of resignation - although some might wish for that meaning for some of their politico's...)

Watch Turkey after a post Arab Spring middle east settles down. It doesn't need EU membership anymore ... Turkey will leave NATO and build its own sphere of influence with the Sunni Arab world ...

If Israel takes out Iranian nuclear site(s) will there be war .... and if there is war ... who's side is the EU on?

Who will line up with Israel and who will stay out?

This thread is about the Cold War - a nuclear standoff between two systems: Marxist demand economy, and Capitalist corporate military industrial economy. The USA outlasted and outspent the Soviets and got better value for their tax dollars because their (our) system contains competition and free markets. Were that not true, Mr. Reagan's star wars gambit wouldn't have worked (been believable to the Soviets).

The "peace dividend" was global penetration of Windows/Intel/MicroSoft computers.

The last country in the EU that wants war is Germany - banks and people :) A haircut is better than a shave :).

MM

Last edited:
Were you with 1/4 CAV? I did a deployment to Kosovo and then Iraq with 1/4 CAV. Good bunch of guys.

Small world with the wall. I was up in Berlin when it came down as well. Of course I was just a military dependent at the time...;)

I was G Trp, 2/11 ACR out of Bad Kissingen. 1/4 Cav was out of Schweinfurt.
Only a short bus ride of 30 minutes or so separated the bases.

Fact, BK was the Initial Aiming Point for the first raid on Schweinfurt. Short walk from 1/4 Cav barracks to the seat of ball bearing production!

If Israel takes out Iranian nuclear site(s) will there be war .... and if there is war ... who's side is the EU on?

Who will line up with Israel and who will stay out?

MM

The USA will line up with Israel.
The British will line line up with the American's
The rest of the EU ? By the time they all have stopped arguing the war will be over..or is that just a co incidence?

The "peace dividend" was global penetration of Windows/Intel/MicroSoft computers.

Don't forget the masters of selling the image of American freedom....Harley Davidson.

John

Last edited:
"... Don't forget the masters of selling the image of American freedom....Harley Davidson."

OK. But you're comparing toys with transformational tools. :)

MM

Attachments

• princeharry.jpg
    princeharry.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:
I'll pick up on a point here, Mr Blair did the unforgiveable thing of lying to us about the true nature of Iraq's WoMD. John

I think we were all sold a bill of good with the WMDs. was it bad intel or a smoke screen? it did sound plausable...their deployment of Scud missles in the first gulf war....and use of gas on rioting factions of their own population and in various iranian conflicts. it was used as the great "legitimizer" of why we had to go in. when they were never discovered it left egg on more than one person's face...but what are you going to do? by then you are in deep and committed. this is the stuff conspiricy theories are made of....

the next war probably will be "economic" and instead of soldiers.. you will have repo men! if a country defaults...the others should simply repo it. :)

Last edited:
I think we were all sold a bill of good with the WMDs. was it bad intel or a smoke screen? it did sound plausable...their deployment of Scud missles in the first gulf war....and use of gas on rioting factions of their own population and in various iranian conflicts. it was used as the great "legitimizer" of why we had to go in. when they were never discovered it left egg on more than one person's face...but what are you going to do? by then you are in deep and committed. this is the stuff conspiricy theories are made of....

the next war probably will be "economic" and instead of soldiers.. you will have repo men! if a country defaults...the others should simply repo it. :)

You could be right Bobby, Blair, what ever else he achieved, will always be the man who took us to war on a lie. Now, personally I think that the USA its allies ( ie Britain) had unfinished business in that area so, Iraq's days were numbered , like Libya. No one who blows up Pan Am planes and is involved with 9/11 gets away with it.
The real tragedy is this : David Kelly (weapons expert) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I like your repo idea. But, who wants Greece?:lol:

John

".... Better tires needed to get out of the 'mud'...." :)

PLUS .... sometimes co-operation just isn't enough.

MM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back