The Food Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I think pictures of chocolate is in order
Dare I suggest...

4986360531_5c882e2101_z.jpg

I'm smoking four center-cut pork loins, marinated teriyaki-style (hot sauce, teriyaki sauce, pineapple juice, fish sauce, and plum wine), over wetted pecan, to be accompanied by roasted potatoes and a buttered mix of zucchini and crook-neck squash, all done on the grill and so few dishes for cleanup. Might take a pic if duties allow, but it's gonna rock.

Enjoying a few Czechvars while doing this, it's a great summer beer. Got a few Peronis in the cooler too.

820576.jpg

Last edited:
I'm smoking four center-cut pork loins, marinated teriyaki-style (hot sauce, teriyaki sauce, pineapple juice, fish sauce, and plum wine), over wetted pecan, to be accompanied by roasted potatoes and a buttered mix of zucchini and crook-neck squash, all done on the grill and so few dishes for cleanup. Might take a pic if duties allow, but it's gonna rock.

Enjoying a few Czechvars while I'm letting the smoker do the work:

It's really, really good beer, especially for this heat.
I'll be there for leftovers if I can book a flight;) Czechvar, otherwise known as Budvar to the rest of the world I do believe. Thanks anheuser-busch!

Fair to say I've never had any craft-brew from the area, so yeah, I went off half-cocked, probably.

There are many great craft breweries in STL. The city and surrounding metropolitan area have an amazing beer scene.

- Urban Chestnut (they even managed to open a successful brewery in Germany)
- 4 Hands Brewing
- Schlafly
- Heavy Riff Brewing Co.
- 2nd Shift Brewing Co.
- Side Project Brewing
- Rockwell Beer Co.
- Alpha Brewing
- Modern Brewery
- Bluewood Brewing
- Wellspent Brewing Co.
- Square One
- Earthbound Beer
- Morgan Street Brewery
- Perennial Artisan Ales
- Civil Life Brewing Co.
- Brick River Ciders (One of the best ciders I have ever had)
- O'Fallon Brewery
- Six Mile Bridge Brewery
- Ferguson Brewing Co.
- Narrow Gauge Brewing Co.
- Exit 6 Brewery
- Steampunk Brew Works
- Third Wheel Brewing
- Two Plumbers Brewery
- Shortleaf Brewery
- Good News Brewing Co.
- Friendship Brewing Co.
- Crossroads Brewery