The Food Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Good lord, I can't stand slaw. Hope your missus enjoyed it all the same.
We have this place in Gulfport called "Murky Waters" were pork sandwiches is the main item and slaw on top without the slaw it's just a sandwich and boy is it good!!Tonight we do steak sandwiches made out Filet Mignon our local Winn Dixie puts out for $9.99lb from time to time(yesterday) it is so good and tender.We pan fry,butter/garlic salt buns/broil and dress just like a burger so good.I p/u a little over 4lbs it usually runs $20/22lb ;)

Rump of lamb, roast vegetable and baby potato salad, warm balsamic butter dressing

20240602_190032.jpg
20240602_190017.jpg

And i know how i would attack this.
Cut tiny piece of potatoe
Cut even smaller size of union
Cut a bit of green stuff so the misses does not complain.
Chef might be wanting to look away: a tip of citron mayo. Yes i am a barbarian. My wife told me that.
Then jusssst a little cut on the meet. Lets say a thumb sized piece.
Then throw a useless piece of cuttlery in a corner.
And when my girl aint looking just a dab of gravey.

Thats tasty looking rochie. It is.

What would you want to drink with that if i may ask? (No wine for me but that doesn't count. A beer or whatever else would do just fine. )

Made fried and floured pork chops on Sunday. Finished them today and were good both times. Also if you use packaged gravy for them or mashed potatoes, don't mix cornstarch into the gravy to thicken it unless you really know what you're doing. The gravy will eventually (if reluctantly) thicken if you let it cool down long enough.

I'll also try maybe tomorrow to use a trick I read online to get flour batter to stick better. I've had an easy time with chicken, but not pork chops.

Smoker coming out of retirement for Fathers day. It's been a couple years since I've used it so hopefully there aren't too many creepy crawlies living in there.
Got 3 racks of pork spare ribs, some homemade BBQ rub and homemade BBQ Sause on the side. Cooking starts at 6 a.m. sunday morning, lunch around 1:00-2:00.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back