The forum’s tele-meeting members

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Okay guys, so let me know who want to join. I think Adler had a good point that in the US they are still working on friday. So I guess saturday is the best option. Who is going to join and who is going to set up the meeting?

Zoom ... we should use puttputtputt since we're WWII aircraft, not jets.
We talk in our sleep, so timezones are no problem (Professors talk in other people's sleep).
Home Schooling: The teacher drinks in class, and swears in class, but what can you do? She's also sleeping with the Principal!

I'd welcome an invite...

Saturday works for me, but I'll have to stick with the phone option, as my ancient laptop goes on strike whenever I attempt video conferencing. Please don't set it up for GoToMeeting or GoToWebinar, as those aps crash my phone.
Thanks,
Wes

From several sides it has been suggested that, with the current lack of social contacts in the CoVId19 pandemy, it might be good to have a realtime meeting with members. If we want to do something like that, someone should take the initiative to start, which I'm doing here.

Sounds like fun, I`ll try to join in .

Just a thought - is it possible to record the first couple of sessions, or at least part of them, and post on the forum so we can all see ?
I'd join in if I had the right equipment - and knew how to work it. Last 'high tech' comms kit I used was Clansman and then the PRC 319 - and even they were complex compared to the old A41 set !

Sorry I can't join in - haven't got a web cam or microphone, and don't own a 'smart' phone.

Smart lad.
I do own an android so called smart phone but have most features turned off. I just use it as a phone, camera, planner and notepad.
My work phone had facetime which was good for one on ones where the other person needed to see what was being discussed.

Last edited:
With my knackered, bent, stiff fingers, if I had a 'smart' phone, I'd probably launch a ICBM without being aware of it !
Anyway, I have a basic 'phone for calls and text messages, which is all i need. I'd rather walk around seeing the sky, landscape, traffic and obstacles, than spend my life with my face bent into a stupid bl**dy electronic box !
There's a complete generation out there who have never seen the sky, cos they're always on their smart phone !

With my knackered, bent, stiff fingers, if I had a 'smart' phone, I'd probably launch a ICBM without being aware of it !
Anyway, I have a basic 'phone for calls and text messages, which is all i need. I'd rather walk around seeing the sky, landscape, traffic and obstacles, than spend my life with my face bent into a stupid bl**dy electronic box !
There's a complete generation out there who have never seen the sky, cos they're always on their smart phone !
and do not know how to have a conversation face to face

Exactly !
Before the 'lock down', there were three "twenty somethings" sitting, together, in my local pub. All three were on their 'phones, gaming or texting, and not talking to each other - for an hour !!
The way things are going, the human race will revert to Stone Age communication when face to face - "Grunt", "Uh". etc - which is already happening with the proliferation of abbreviated titles, such as 'App'. If it means 'Application', then for ****s sake call it such !
I'm now go t kit f fd n dr, tn bd !

My wife and daughter didnt know if they were more surprised i could use zoom or that i had friends :evil4:
Or that anyone South of the Humber could properly understand you? :lol:

Our two tenants who moved out were Geordies, wifey could barely understand them. :evil4:
(I think they didn't like the colour I had painted the tenant's patio in - West Ham Maroon.... Sorry luv :evil4: )

Exactly !
Before the 'lock down', there were three "twenty somethings" sitting, together, in my local pub. All three were on their 'phones, gaming or texting, and not talking to each other - for an hour !!
The way things are going, the human race will revert to Stone Age communication when face to face - "Grunt", "Uh". etc - which is already happening with the proliferation of abbreviated titles, such as 'App'. If it means 'Application', then for ****s sake call it such !
I'm now go t kit f fd n dr, tn bd !

Reminds me of an old Alex cartoon some thirty plus years ago. Alex was in his car and remembered he had not told someone something so he called him on his mobile. The other person was sitting next to him in the car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back