The forum’s tele-meeting members

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Or that anyone South of the Humber could properly understand you? :lol:

Our two tenants who moved out were Geordies, wifey could barely understand them. :evil4:
(I think they didn't like the colour I had painted the tenant's patio in - West Ham Maroon.... Sorry luv :evil4: )
That would be Burnley colours, no wonder they left.

1590111503823.png

SO WHAT TIME!?

Just a thought - is it possible to record the first couple of sessions, or at least part of them, and post on the forum so we can all see ?
Interesting idea...
Hopefully by someone more technically adept than you or i!

42e0o0.jpg

I finally had to trade in my flip phone for a smart phone as the carrier demanded that I upgrade to G4...

Now the damn thing keeps butt-dialing people. :(

I finally had to trade in my flip phone for a smart phone as the carrier demanded that I upgrade to G4...

Now the damn thing keeps butt-dialing people. :(
Over here in the colonies we're a little more refined; we call it "pocket dialing", and it kept happening to me until I figured out how to lock the screen. Now I have to punch in a string of numbers before the screen will come alive.

Airframes Airframes I'm not really fond of the idea to record this and put it out on the open internet, sorry. If you have only a microphone, that would be fine, too.

Okay guys, do we agree on Saturday 20:00h CET?

I'm not sure but I think you'll need to provide an email address so you can be invited. You can send it to me by PM. And of course you should install the Zoom app.

So you're in when you provide me your email adres, I'll promise to keep them private. I will make a list in the first post of this thread listing everybody who has registered..

PLEASE DON'T PUT YOUR EMAIL HERE IN THIS THREAD!

I'll keep an overview in the first post of this thread. Corona-Tele meeting members?

Make sure you are on the list after you registered. If you are not there while you think you registered, please send me a message.

Last edited:
Saturday works for me, but I'll have to stick with the phone option, as my ancient laptop goes on strike whenever I attempt video conferencing. Please don't set it up for GoToMeeting or GoToWebinar, as those aps crash my phone.
Thanks,
Wes
It'll be Zoom. But a smartphone is fine, I guess that'll work.

Airframes Airframes I'm not really fond of the idea to record this and put it out on the open internet, sorry. If you have only a microphone, that would be fine, too.

Okay guys, do we agree on Saturday 20:00h CET?

Just so that everyone calculates accurately, 8pm Central European Summer Time, correct?

6pm GMT (6pm UTC)

8pm CEST Central European Summer Time (GMT +2 or UTC +2)
7pm British Summer Time (GMT +1)
2pm in New York (Eastern Daylight Time) GMT -4
Noon in Denver (Mountain Daylight time) GMT -6
11 am in Los Angeles (Pacific Daylight Time) GMT -7

For those of you that live in the weird and wacky places without Daylight savings (Arizona, Saskatchewan, Japan, parts of Australia?) you'll need to calculate your time difference from 6pm UTC.

Last edited:
Just so that everyone calculates accurately, 8pm Central European Summer Time, correct?

6pm GMT (6pm UTC)

8pm CEST Central European Summer Time (GMT +2 or UTC +2)
7pm British Summer Time (GMT +1)
2pm in New York (Eastern Daylight Time) GMT -4
Noon in Denver (Mountain Daylight time) GMT -6
11 am in Los Angeles (Pacific Daylight Time) GMT -7

For those of you that live in the weird and wacky places without Daylight savings (Arizona, Saskatchewan, Japan, parts of Australia?) you'll need to calculate your time difference from 6pm UTC.
Correct, I already put some of those in the first post.
One of the problems might be that it is too big with too many people, so maybe we'll have to have some structure in the meeting instead of casual conversation. I would suggest at least to have an introduction round, so to give everybody at least one chance to say something.

Guys, keep an eye on the first post, I'll update that regularely. Make sure you have read it before tomorrow.

Last edited:
Sorry I did not make this one gents. We had a beautiful day today, and this was the first weekend in two years I have not been stuck doing school stuff since going back to school. The wife wanted to go hiking with the kids. Honestly, it felt good too.

Sorry I did not make this one gents. We had a beautiful day today, and this was the first weekend in two years I have not been stuck doing school stuff since going back to school. The wife wanted to go hiking with the kids. Honestly, it felt good too.
No worries, someone drank a beer in your honor. ;)

Great to catch up with the old gang.
Anyways we understand, when the C-in-C of the house gives gives marching orders we need to march. :pilotsalute:

Okay, now you'll have to organise the next one :lol:
It's okay Chris, as Joe said, family first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back