The Greatest Fighter Jet of All Time.

Which is the Best?

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yep! The good thing is my wife normally works nights, and her schedule will change so I'll only have to deal wit the baby on the weekends - the wife has the appartus for feeding (as she says)

I know I did this already, but some people were not satisfied with the selection on my last poll so I am starting this over again.

Phantom for me is the best overall, all planes after Vietnam (F14,15,16,18) operational statistics can't be taken as proof, basically what they did in combat was target practice with obsolete and outnumbered enemy forces.

PS: why in the 'wanna be' we have F22 and JSF but no Eurofighter, Gripen and Rafale?

F4 all the way. It WAS the definitive fighter of the 60's and 70's. A veteran of several wars, often against top of the line Russian fighters, used in many roles and flown by many countries in the world.

Id say the F15 would be second place, as it hasnt been as versatile. It is also so expensive, the F16 had to be developed.

Parmigiano said:
Phantom for me is the best overall, all planes after Vietnam (F14,15,16,18) operational statistics can't be taken as proof, basically what they did in combat was target practice with obsolete and outnumbered enemy forces.

PS: why in the 'wanna be' we have F22 and JSF but no Eurofighter, Gripen and Rafale?

In my last poll I put the EF-2000 on their but nobody voted.

syscom3 said:
F4 all the way. It WAS the definitive fighter of the 60's and 70's. A veteran of several wars, often against top of the line Russian fighters, used in many roles and flown by many countries in the world.

Id say the F15 would be second place, as it hasnt been as versatile. It is also so expensive, the F16 had to be developed.

I disagree the F-15 was designed as a result of the F-4.

The F-4 was a fast, manouvarable and through a few tough learned lessons a well armed aircraft as well.

The F-15 was basically a perfected version of the F-4 and would rule the Skies for the next 20 years.

i voted for the f-15 eagle as it has been my favourate american for some time unofficially.my official vote that you shall see the percentage for is in fact the lightning one of the best jets to come out of the jet evolution in my opinion.

The F-15 'Eagle' is the greatest fighter out of all of those. It has a combat record and statistics to prove it's the best. It was developed from the lessons learnt while the F-4 'Phantom' was in service, so it is thus a superior aircraft.

I'm going to put bias aside, the F-15 is the greatest.

Hey the F-18 and the F-14 also have Combat records too.

Attachments

• canadian_soldiers_in_kandahar_720.jpg
    canadian_soldiers_in_kandahar_720.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 740
Not as good as the F-15 and the F-15 is also statiscally superior to both the F-14 and F-18.

You'd at least spell the beautiful plane's name properly, it's Lightning! As an interceptor, even with modern aircraft, I'd put it up there as the greatest interceptor.

From a standing start, with no warm up, there's little if anything that can beat it. But that alone, in my mind, while loving the bird more than any other plane ...ever ...does not make it the greatest, in my opinion.

But who can argue with 60,000 feet in just over a minute?

plan_D said:
You'd at least spell the beautiful plane's name properly, it's Lightning! As an interceptor, even with modern aircraft, I'd put it up there as the greatest interceptor.

From a standing start, with no warm up, there's little if anything that can beat it. But that alone, in my mind, while loving the bird more than any other plane ...ever ...does not make it the greatest, in my opinion.

But who can argue with 60,000 feet in just over a minute?

But who can argue with 60,000 feet in just over a minute?[/quote]

With all do respect your loyalty to the lightning seems to be shadowed by patriotism not facts,

which is not a bad thing I still think that Canadian Beer is the best and strongest.

Attachments

• canadian_soldiers_in_kandahar_361.jpg
    canadian_soldiers_in_kandahar_361.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 700
  • canadian_soldiers_in_kandahar_173.jpg
    canadian_soldiers_in_kandahar_173.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 692
Okay, so I'm not presenting facts, what fighter doesn't have to warm up and can reach 60,000 feet in little over one minute? I'll give you one, the F.6 Lightning.

Give me another...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back