The Here, Now

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Q5LUGCDMF5G2BO4A73P6TTLWFU.jpg

AFT: Recruits with Delta Company, 1st Recruit Training Battalion, run up the Reaper during the crucible at Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton, Calif., Sept. 2. At the top of the Reaper, recruits received the Eagle, Globe and Anchor marking their transformation to Marines. (Cpl. Grace J. Kindred/Marine Corps)

Lots of interesting stuff there. I see that the South China Morning Post is owned by Alibaba Group. Have you noticed any editorial leanings to one side or the other?

... very slight 'tightening' of Liberal views but not strident yet as Asia Times. "Harry" is my benchmark = his jokes are still HK-'British' much of the time.
But since you raised Jack Ma .. he was 'disappeared' for a while to be re-educated .. and has reappeared on a new bank note. But Whitney Duane takes the cake for 'disappearances'. Just started the book ...
de4c894b-f4f5-4887-be9f-5bd74b821a21.jpeg

I'm not sure whether it's a good idea. I think it's great Australia having parity with the Big Boys (about time) but is the necessary infrastructure there?
Maybe a smaller number of French subs as well as a couple of nuke boats. The French are our Allies too (All kidding aside) and should be included. Then it could be FAUKUS!

DHSNQ4YJ2JFJFKXNPD4AQLEVB4.jpg

AFT: A "fireball" detonation marks the mass re-enlistment of soldiers with the Division Special Troops Battalion, 3rd Division Sustainment Brigade and 541st Combat Sustainment Support Battalion on an explosive ordnance disposal range at Camp Buehring, Kuwait, Sept. 8. (Spc. Elorina Santos/Army)

6EUEW3YJONH7LENJ4ARPMQH4GY.jpg

Satellite imagery provided by Planet Labs shows a B-2 Spirit bomber next to the runway at Whiteman Air Force Base, Missouri, after it suffered an in-flight malfunction and crash-landed shortly after midnight on Sept. 15, 2021. The photo was taken at 8:24 am local time. Photo courtesy of Planet Labs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back