The Here, Now

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

.... no and yes, I would argue. The threat of such action, in itself, is no different than me threatening "to burn down your village, kill your men, rape and imprison your women and salt your land" and Lord knows there's been plenty of that thru history. And it's sick. Evil. But my point is, that in China's mind, threat of the action is intended to scare you, make you take heed. It's evolved from jumping up and down with painted faces and spears, if you get my point, haha :).
I have taken serious interest in Asian matters since the start of COVID, reading Asian press, current Chinese fiction, etc. I have my colleague Shinpachi to thank for getting me started on this path :) ... and i have run this by him already.
Modern CCP China and its actions, I believe, are the interplay of -
SOUL - the soul of China is Tao. China's only indigenous religious faith: The rule of Man is Nature. The rule of Nature is Heaven.The rule of Heaven is Tao. Unlike Islam/Judo-Christianity, there is no morality embedded in Tao. Morality, enforcement - shaming, threatening, intimidating - was/is imposed by the group. All this is ancient, IMO. From the start of civilization. Tribal.
CONSCIENCE - is the 'face' of any government, any society, In China's case, for the little it means by Western standards, it is the CPC. It is Communist so we know from history that such governments are capable of implementing the most insane, unscientific, dogma-quota-driven policies - so - best take their claims with a grain of salt.;)
MOUTH - at 1.4 billion devoted, sensual foodies, China is a mouth to consider. Chinese companies - that now must implement Beijing's new Treason Law - trade on the NASDAQ and Wall Street exchanges - America is where companies come for capital. The CEO's and founders of these companies HIRE from America's businesss schools

America and China, I observe, are intertwined like two pythons - each motivating the other to struggle harder. Or, are they like two lovers, each trying to impose their will?

.. what kind of regime makes threats like this ...

An ancient one.

Last edited:
airforce.ru

mig_31bm.jpg

Maxim Gromov, the scout platoon commander. 23 y.o., 6 years in the army, 2 years without his left foot which was torn out by PMN-2 mine.
"Climbing the trees is a bit more complicated now", Maxim says.
(click for the full image)
Max Gromov.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back