The Last A-10A

FLYBOYJ

"THE GREAT GAZOO"
28,075
8,777
Joined
Apr 9, 2005
Location
Colorado, USA
Snapped this yesterday at COS airport. I was told this is the last A-10A. It is on its way to Hill AFB to be converted into an A-10C.
 

Attachments

  • Last A-10A.JPG
    Last A-10A.JPG
    15.7 KB · Views: 163
Glad she's being converted and not sent to the glue factory. Seems the A-10 has escaped death a few times
 
Great bird. Heard they are reworking them. Good news.
 
After the first gulf war I heard the A-10 was going to be retired and replaced by the F-16 and I had a good laugh. How could an F-16 ever do what an A-10 can. 20 years later and it's still going strong.
 
After the first gulf war I heard the A-10 was going to be retired and replaced by the F-16 and I had a good laugh. How could an F-16 ever do what an A-10 can. 20 years later and it's still going strong.

I was just reading in a aircraft magazine (Combat Aircraft?) at the bookstore that the A-10 will be in service until sometime in the late 2020's. If so, that's almost 50 years service. Not bad for an aircraft that was almost killed back in the late 80's.

One of it's greatest strenghts is close air support. If the A-10 was gone, what other aircraft in the inventory could supplant it?....
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back