The nihilism of soccer: The more you look, the less there is to see

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I agree. Through my five years in the school rugby team, I was hooker, flanker, No.8 winger, center (both), scum-half and even prop for all of ten minutes because all our other ones were injured. The prop business was not pleasent.

The sport of Football has been played since the 13th Century, but it was banned for a while, as the King decided the villagers were not spending enough time practising the Longbow.

Football Rugby my 2 Favourite Sports, followed by Cricket then Ice Hockey, I use to watch the London Monarchs, when the World Series of American Football existed.

Did you know the Americans have a Cricket Team, and the Ameican Cricket Association have applied for Full Membership, they have been Associate Members of the ICC since 1965

They are not very popular in American because most Americans do not like the sport and I have to say I agree with them. Cricket is just boring to me.

Andrew said:
The sport of Football has been played since the 13th Century, but it was banned for a while, as the King decided the villagers were not spending enough time practising the Longbow.

Football Rugby my 2 Favourite Sports, followed by Cricket then Ice Hockey, I use to watch the London Monarchs, when the World Series of American Football existed.

Did you know the Americans have a Cricket Team, and the Ameican Cricket Association have applied for Full Membership, they have been Associate Members of the ICC since 1965

Documented evidence of what is possibly the oldest organized activity resembling football can be found in a Chinese military manual written during the Han Dynasty in about 2nd century BC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football#Ancient_games

Footie is a great game to bad you guys don't stand up and ask for proper officials who aren't swayed by theatrics the game needs instant replay in some manner or form without it it is a gay game

The game isn't gay its the officiating that makes it gay to watch teams and players bust their *** for their countries only to have the outcome dictated by poor officiating its the 21st century and the game is being called without any thought that the officials can err

FIFA hasn't helped, some of things that players are getting booked for nowdays is just stupid. It is good that they referees are now able to talk with the linesmen but still replays are needed for when it is not sure whether the ball has crossed the line for a goal or not (Viera against South Korea). My dad thinks they should introduce a sin-bin similar to the yellow card in rugby (10 mins off the pitch), I'm not so sure that would work but it might. Something definitely needs to be done about the way they game is officiated as there hasn't been much good refereeing at this World Cup in my opinion.

Having a penalty time rule like in Hockey would be great. We had it in our league and it worked well.

quite what penalty time is i don't know, but penalties aren't really liked over here, partly because England suck at them, partly because they're the very last resort in resolving a game, they're very unfair but no one's come up with a better way of resolving a tied game after extra time............

and syscom it sounds less and less like you played Football (i still refuse to call it Soccer) like we play it over here, you're making it sound very americanised :lol:

Thats because it is different. It is the only way to attract American fans to watch the game, quite simply.

I agree that this World Cup many of the officials have been terrible.

the lancaster kicks *** said:
and syscom it sounds less and less like you played Football (i still refuse to call it Soccer) like we play it over here, you're making it sound very americanised :lol:

We played FIFA rules with slight modifications to make the game more enjoyable. We were all out to have fun (and to return back to work the next day) and when on the occasion that a player was getting too emotional about things, then the ref would tell him to sit out 5 minutes or so to cool off. His team would be short handed for that time.

End result was fewer yellow cards and even fewer red cards. More fun for everyone.

Did I also tell you we had unlimited substitutions? made things even better when everyone can play all out, go out for a refresher and come back in. Fewer injuries too.

Football, US-football, Cricket, Tennis, Badminton, Baseball, Ski'ing....

Hmmm... Nah! I'll just stick with Formula One and Le-Man's :thumbright:

Attachments

• raikkonen,%20kimi%202005-21.jpg
    raikkonen,%20kimi%202005-21.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 123
Soren said:
Football, US-football, Cricket, Tennis, Badminton, Baseball, Ski'ing....

Hmmm... Nah! I'll just stick with Formula One and Le-Man's :thumbright:

Have to agree.. get some wheels turning and I'm there.. 8)

There are no nil-nil draws, or 5 day matches in F1...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back