The nihilism of soccer: The more you look, the less there is to see

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well then what are they? ;)

sport
n.

Physical activity that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often engaged in competitively.
A particular form of this activity.
An activity involving physical exertion and skill that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often undertaken competitively.
An active pastime; recreation.

An activity involving physical exertion and skill that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often undertaken competitively.

Where is the physical exertion in driving? When I drive from London to Glasgow I don't say I'm knackered because I've been playing sport all day.

Driving around in Malaysia at a constantly varying speed resulting in an average speed of about 130mph for and hour and a half in temperatures exceeding 36C, with temperatures in the cockpit getting sometimes as high as 60C, and forces of up to 5G I think are pretty physically (and mentally) draining...They lose abouit a stone in weight....

Tiger said:
Where is the physical exertion in driving? When I drive from London to Glasgow I don't say I'm knackered because I've been playing sport all day.

:lol:

I'd like to see you after having driven at a constant of 150mph with a cockpit temp. of 50-60C just from London to Glasgow - Half way you'd probably be in need of urgent medical attention :lol:

I am not saying that it is not excerting or what not, but to me it is not a sport. A sport is played on a field, or in the water or a court but not driving a car. That is not a sport to me.

motor sports are about as much a sport as jerking off ;) and F1 is booring as hell, always the same lines and very little overtaking, the most interesting part is the bit where they discuss the fuel loads carried by the different drivers..........

Kind of like this one:

Attachments

• cow_front.JPG
    cow_front.JPG
    7.3 KB · Views: 133
hey adler i've always tried to take these jokes with good humour whilst others on the site would take offence i've just laughed it off you've gotta give me credit for that atleast, and i actually found that one quite funny :lol:

it is, of course, not true however ;)

Lanc I give you a lot of credit. You put up a fight sometimes and I really do hope that you see the humor in my jokes and that they are not really meant to offend you. You know that if they do, you just need to pm me and tell me. Ill probably lay off the jokes on your for a bit and concentrate some more on someone else because they have sand in the vagina and that is when it is the most fun because they cry and cry and cry...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back