Since you asked, I think the F6F series, especially the F6F-5 was probably the best all round fighter of the war.
Easy to fly, easy land, good at what it was designed to do, it took on all comers in both major theaters with a winning record.
Bordering on excellent in air to air, decent in air to ground with a passable ground delivery load out.
Not the flashiest or the fastest, kind of like a hammer, not much to look at, but damned good at what it was supposed to do.
Again, my opinion only and not up for discussion.
And BTW, don't let the Grumman logo make you think I'm biased. I do like Grumman Iron, but my passion/obsession is their amphibians, not so much the fighters, they're okay, but not my real thing. You want to get into pissing contest, start someting about the Widgeon, you'll lose.