The Person Below Me (TPBM)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I think its a show about the misadventures of a religious bloke named father ted. ( I haven't seen it in a while)

TPBM will tell me if this the correct description

Father Ted is a situation comedy television programme produced by Hat Trick Productions for Channel 4. The show depicts the lives of three Irish Catholic priests on the remote fictional Craggy Island off the west coast of Ireland. It ran for three series, totalling 25 episodes, between 21 April 1995 and 1 May 1998 on the UK's Channel 4. Father Ted was written by two Irish writers, Arthur Mathews and Graham Linehan, who also co-created Big Train. All of the interior scenes were shot at The London Studios, while all of the location footage was shot in Ireland.

Graham Linehan on his DVD commentary on the first episode says that Father Ted was a character Arthur Mathews came up with and who was played by third member of the group Paul Woodfull when they did standup gigs in Ireland, playing as a band, The Joshua Trio. Morgan was picked for the role because he had previously played a priest in standup. As "Father Trendy", Linehan appeared in the first episode of Father Ted wearing a red jacket and a white "bobble" hat.

The series was responsible for propelling a number of highly successful actors and comedians into the limelight, including Ardal O'Hanlon, Pauline McLynn, Graham Norton, Tommy Tiernan, Patrick McDonnell, Don Wycherley, Joe Rooney, Jason Byrne, Pat Shortt, Ed Byrne and Brendan Grace. Dermot Morgan, who played the title role, died in 1998, aged 45, from a heart attack he suffered during a celebratory party the day after filming the final episode.

TPBM owns a large selection of vinyl records.....

I wouldn't call it "large", but I do have a bunch of 45 RPM's. Still have
8-tracks, too.

TPBM doesn't remember 8-track tapes...

Charles

Guilty ! You guys don[t remember 8-track tapes ? Oh my.... This was a large [maybe 4" x 6"] cassette with four different tracks of music on it. The
tape was continous, with a silver splice that caused the track to change.
Very big in the early 50's.... I have a complete collection fo Frank Sinatra on 8-track.

TPBM still has a collection of VHS tapes.... [I do}

Charles

So far it's the 2000 Chevy Silverado I currently own. Only one major mafunction, the fule pump went out. Eats tires pretty quickly as well, but I'm pretty hard on them and what do you expect from a 4 Wheel Drive truck. Am pushing 200,000 miles on it so I can't complain.

TPBM needs an additional day off to rest and recover from thier weekend (I do).

Just finished one, thank you.... Getting ready for lunch..

TPBM is going to take a friend to lunch, today..

Charles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back