The Person Below Me (TPBM)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Sorry fellas, should be NKVD not B....:oops:

The NKVD (Russian: НКВД, Народный Комиссариат Внутренних Дел Narodnyy Komissariat Vnutrennikh Del listen or People's Commissariat for Internal Affairs was the leading secret police organization of the Soviet Union that was responsible for political repression during the Stalinist era. It conducted mass extrajudicial executions, ran the Gulag system of forced labor, suppressed underground resistance, conducted mass deportations of nationalities and "Kulaks" to unpopulated regions of the country, guarded state borders, conducted espionage and political assassinations abroad, was responsible for subversion of foreign governments, and enforced Stalinist policy within Communist movements in other countries.

The NKVD was also known for its Main Directorate for State Security (GUGB), which eventually became the Committee for State Security (KGB). In addition to its state security and police functions, however, some of its departments handled other matters, such as firefighting, border guards (NKVD Border Troops), and archives.

TPBM will tell us who this person is....

Commando training ended with an attack on Nord Fiord, Norway. While the two companies he commanded advanced on their target, **** stood in the lead craft, and played on his pipes "The March of the Cameron Men". His report at mission's end was simply: "Maaloy battery and island captured. Casualties slight. Demolitions in progress. ****."

He's also to have said "There's nothing worse than sitting on your bum bottom doing nothing just because the enemy happens to leave you alone for a moment while he has a go at the unit on your flank. Pitch in and support your neighbor any way you can.… " and "In my opinion, sir, any officer who goes into action without his sword is improperly dressed."

Attachments

• nkvd.jpg
    nkvd.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 66
would it be Carl Gustaf von Rosen?

"Count Carl Gustaf Ericsson von Rosen (August 19, 1909 – July 13, 1977) was a Swedish pioneer aviator, son of the explorer Eric von Rosen (1879–1948) and nephew of Carin Göring, wife of Hermann Göring."

TPBM is Lucky and will tell me if I'm right

Sorry wrong...well, it's me that's right but the answer is wrong....:lol: The gentleman in question was Lieutenant-Colonel Jack Malcolm Thorpe Fleming Churchill or Mad Jack....

TPBM has heard about him before....

Work tonight and tomorrow night....and I expect pandamonium(?) and chaos at work as per usual at this time of year.... :(

TPBM has a heavy period as well at work....

Bugger....clashed with Mr C.....

Have had my tea/coffe today....aiming for a cuppa again shortly....

TPBM can't wait for things to calm down after X-mas and New Year...

Yep, have to go to my Sisters for Christmas and it is always to stressful for my liking.
You can come to Minnesota if you want to Ski, plenty of snow, not too big of Mountains to Ski on though.

TPBM likes Egg Nog.

Yes, I do, but I only do the dairy version...... sans alcohol !

TPBM would like to see temps above freezing.... I would !!

Charles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back