The Picture Riddle.....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here's a picture of the slightly larger version of the engine in question installed in the first generation of that well known American sports car.

Attachments

• engine.jpg
    engine.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 144
The engine in question installed in the year and make of my vehicle (Mine is much cleaner but I don't have a picture of it handy.)

Attachments

• engine2.jpg
    engine2.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 142
Last clue and then I give up:

Picture 1) My truck which came standard with the engine in question. The larger version of the 'engine' was available as an option.
Picture 2) The sports car that came with the larger engine modified with triple carbs.

Some one's got to get it this time!!!

Attachments

• ScannedImage-4.jpg
    ScannedImage-4.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 138
  • 1953.jpg
    1953.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 124
Almost there Jan!
The Blue flame 235 engine is the one in the 1953 to 1955 Corvette. Yes Terry it's a Corvette'! The engine in question is the for-runner of the 235 and was the standard engine for my 1950 chevy pickup.
Picture 1) The Blue Flame 235
Picture 2) The engine in question

Attachments

• engine 235.jpg
    engine 235.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 120
  • engine1.jpg
    engine1.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 119
Close enough Jan! Chevy 216 Thriftmaster. Also nicknamed the Stovebolt after the bolts that held on the cover for the lifters.
Very simple engine. I burned out the bearings in mine a year after I bought the truck. The only mechanical work I had done before that was changing oil, but I managed to pull it, take it apart, and put it back together again and it actually started right up!!

Close enough Jan! Chevy 216 Thriftmaster. Also nicknamed the Stovebolt after the bolts that held on the cover for the lifters.
Very simple engine. I burned out the bearings in mine a year after I bought the truck. The only mechanical work I had done before that was changing oil, but I managed to pull it, take it apart, and put it back together again and it actually started right up!!

NEVER be able to do that nowadays!

That's the truth, even 20 years ago. I attempted to change the spark plugs on my wifes 86 Pontiac about 15 years ago and could only get to 4 of the six plugs! and it has only gotten worse. Now you open up the hood and can't even see the engine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back