The reason paper targets were invented.. Duh!..

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Soren

1st Lieutenant
Feb 6, 2005
Many do it and IMO its downright stupid, eventhough the odds are immensly against it ever happening, if it DOES happen the result is often fatal.

This guy was incredibly lucky, had his head been just a few inches more to the left he could've kissed his head goodbye:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ABGIJwiGBc

So children, what's the lesson of today ??

Know your backstop. I think the last thing they say is something about "no more shootin' at iron". Yeah. Probably a good idea. One of the most dangerous guns is a .22LR when shooting at metal targets. Many a people have been killed or seriously hurt from richochets. This guy was probably hit by a part of the metal jacket, a rock or a piece of his target.

You got that right. And the "team" reaction was spot on... "time to wrap it up boys, lets get the F outta here". :lol:

Like NJaco pointed out I find it strange that the cameraman went looking for the bullet before checking if the guy was o.k. first.

Stupid stupid stupid..

The fact that the bullet didnt do damage alone is luck. A 50 cal should put a hole through an iron plate at that range alone(what is he 250 yards) but these idiots do not know how to load the rounds. seen this before,have 50 small load will work, MORONS BROWNING MADE THIS ROUND TO DO ONE THING........DESTROY EVERYTHING IN ITS PATH!!!!!!sorry guys i own a b 50 i know what it does. btw shoot at dirt:oops:

Certainly an argument against "plinking". The red neck in me likes to take computer hard drives, old cell phones, in op DVD players ect.. and watch them explode into bits of plastic and metal...

I strongly doubt that it bounced back directly from the iron. It looks like it may have burned through the iron, hit a rock in the back ground and ricocheted 3 times. .. anyway you look at it, how much is your life worth?

WEAR EYE AND EAR PROTECTION!

That depends entirely on how thick the iron plate they were shooting at is. If its 25mm thick the projectile is going to bounce. Any way you look at it what they did was stupid. You don't shoot in the direction of large rocks either.

That depends entirely on how thick the iron plate they were shooting at is. If its 25mm thick the projectile is going to bounce. A

Yes but given the velocity of a .50 cal, the delay and ricochet echo suggests that the iron plate was a close range recreational experiment.

"Hey Bubba, do ya think a .50 round will punch through this shielding I found?

To me its sounds like the target is something like 250 - 300 m away.

But how can you make an accurate assessment from just watching the video ? You know what I mean ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back