The Revell 1/32 Ju 88....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
Since there seem to be a few of us getting this (thanks Gutt!) kit, I was wondering, would it be possible to get them all in one thread or sub-forum? How many of you have it and what will you build yours as?

This what I'll build in time....

Lt Arthur Schubert, 7/KG-30 Ju 88A-4 Werk # 1456 "4D + CR" (lost MIA).

MIA 25 May, 1942; failed to return from a mission over the Barentsea, cause unknown. Remaining crew (all MIA): Ogefr Rudolf Geppert, Observer; Ogefr Karl Weber, R/O and Uffz Franz Allweiler, Gunner.

Its finished,post some pics tomorrow

Piet

Glad you got it at last old boy! Got your message about 9 hours after you sent it - 'phone was off and forgot to switch back on!!
My first will be the JU88 shot down and belly landed on the south bank of the River Mersey, after attacking the aircraft factory at the Rootes Motors plant, Speke, Liverpool, in October 1940. This is going to the Museum in Slavicin, Czech Republic, where Josef Stehlik lived, who was the pilot of one of the Hurricanes who shared in the downing of the '88.
The second kit will be either an Aalborg based machine, used against targets in the North of England in the BoB, or maybe a French based KG, again BoB period, not decided yet.
Let us know when you're starting, and I'll get my first one going too.

I'd skip that I think....! :oops:

DSCF0005-53.jpg

And the correct engines....

Attachments

• Moteur1.jpg
    Moteur1.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 185
  • Moteur2.jpg
    Moteur2.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 187
  • Moteur3.jpg
    Moteur3.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 188
  • Moteur4.jpg
    Moteur4.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:
Surely an A4 would be on the cards for a later release?

The way newer kits are being produced some of these update sets I imagine will become somewhat redundant assuming of course the kits produced are dead on accurate.

Fair point Jan :lol: At the rate I build it makes sense. Given your Henry Ford approach the conversion makes sense :)

I have to admit though.....I hadn't thought the whole thing through, when I got the kit delivered, it hit me, where the h*ll am I supposed to put the box and then later on after looking over the parts, it hit me again, where the f*ck am I to place her when done? A box is far more easy to place.....somewhere! :oops: :lol:

I have to admit though.....I hadn't thought the whole thing through, when I got the kit delivered, it hit me, where the h*ll am I supposed to put the box and then later on after looking over the parts, it hit me again, where the f*ck am I to place her when done? A box is far more easy to place.....somewhere! :oops: :lol:

It's a BIG bitch...ain't it Jan!:D

I have to admit you do get a lot for the money in the conversion kit - but it's still a lot of money - the price of another JU88 in fact.
I'm guessing of course, but I wouldn't be surprised if another version, probably the A4, is released within a year. The way the kit parts are engineered and broken down shouts 'more versions', and Revell have already had access to the A4, so.....
I'm only basing this on them wanting to get the most from the work put in, and also remebering their Hunter - first the F6 then, after this was withdrawn for awhile, it was followed by the FGA9. Hmm. Reminds me, I must finish the Hunter.....

Almost certainly! Let's face it, there's one standing in Guttorm's shed, as well as the JU52/3M. The Revell people were there for some time, it's the 70th anniversary of the BoB next year, 'combat' aircraft models sell better than military transports, a Heinkel would accompany the JU88 very well indeed ......so they're going to release a Blackburn Botha!!!!
So Jan, does this mean you need to find a bigger place to live?!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back