The Soviet executioner of Luftwaffe (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

pampa14

Airman 1st Class
May 14, 2013
I share with you a collection of photos of the most produced Soviet fighter of all time, including some rare photos of the plane with Allied markings. We're talking about Yakovlev Yak-9, the first Soviet aircraft to shoot down a Me-262. To see a full report and the photos, visit the link below:

Aviação em Floripa: Yakovlev Yak-9

Best Regards.

The downing of a 262 was not all that difficult once you learned its weaknesses which were its low landing and take off speeds. P-51s quite commonly staked out Luftwaffe fields and hit the 262 as they were taking off. 109s were called when available to cover the fields when the 262 were landing or taking off

The downing of a 262 was not all that difficult once you learned its weaknesses which were its low landing and take off speeds. P-51s quite commonly staked out Luftwaffe fields and hit the 262 as they were taking off. 109s were called when available to cover the fields when the 262 were landing or taking off
Don't forget the Fw190Ds specifically tasked with field coverage during Me262 landing/take off ops.

Yup, not to mention the "Flak Lane" of over 150 20mm autocannons protecting the landing field approaches

Users who are viewing this thread

Back