The TF-X (Turkish Fighter - Experimental)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

TAI TF-X first prototype (GTU-0/P0) taxiing on the runway

FrcDAvwWAAAA-JE.jpeg

FrcDBAJXwBY80Vz.jpeg

FrcDBPMXwCEJ_jn.jpeg

FrcC9oyXwAgR5_D.jpeg

Is it me or is there no head-up display in that cockpit?

I said all along that the integration of the various systems in this aircraft is happening remarkably quickly. Can't help feeling that this is an "all show no go" aircraft.
There is no HUD because there will be no HUD. TF-X won't feature a head up display. All necessary info will be displayed on the helmet, like the F-35 HMDS.

There is no HUD because there will be no HUD. TF-X won't feature a head up display. All necessary info will be displayed on the helmet, like the F-35 HMDS.

Fair enough, although I still think the pace of this programme is rather fast. When comments are made about not knowing the final weight of the prototype (per post #57) it makes me question how representative the prototype will be of the production airframe...and how many operational systems it will fly with at the start.

Fair enough, although I still think the pace of this programme is rather fast. When comments are made about not knowing the final weight of the prototype (per post #57) it makes me question how representative the prototype will be of the production airframe...and how many operational systems it will fly with at the start.
So as aforementioned, this is GTU-0/P0. It was built before CDR. I expect minor changes to her airframe design though. Production activities for Block 10 will commence in a couple of months, after the completion of critical design review activities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back