The Travels of Tel's Tin Tent. (4 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'm back !

Good luck with the surgery Geo, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. (Oh, wait, they're permanently crossed already !!).

I got home last night, having stayed on at the Tin Tent a little longer than intended, as some friends visited in their campervans, during a road trip of Norfolk. Although cooler than the weather in France, temperatures were still in the high 30 degrees Celsius range, averaging around 37C (98.6F), which became rather debilitating, as there was very little shade and zero breeze (it hit the high 40C range inside the 'van !), so I didn't get out and about.
I set off at 14.50 hrs yesterday for the 200 mile (321 km) drive home, which should have taken around four hours, but due to road closures and poorly signposted, long, slow, diversions and the resulting traffic congestion, I didn't arrive until 21.35 hrs, thoroughly frustrated and totally b*lloxed !!
Once I've got myself sorted, and dealt with the 897 emails received in my absence (!!!), I'll start collating and editing the photos, and I hope to start the coverage of our tour later this week.
Needless to say, Karl and I had an absolutely fantastic trip, touring far and wide amid the battlefields of Normandy, from the coast inland, east and south, and a sortie far south and a bit west into the Loire.

I'll be back soon(ish) with the full story of our latest "covering the ground" WW2 history adventure ...............
 
Great thread fellows. We have been to the UK a couple of times to visit family friends in Crewe. Lovely photos and stories, fodder for another visit.
Cheers!
 
Thanks Andy.
I'm currently sorting the photos and trying to organise them into some sort of order. We visited so many places in six days, making it difficult to remember what's where and when !
 
I had a compact note book for the same reason, but couldn't hold a pen properly, so ended up with scribbles in sanscrit !!
Trying to use the notes on my 'phone was even worse !!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back