The UK weather or the Beast from the East!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

AQ snow plough has ploughed up rubberised speed bumps near where I live, this has left metal fixing rods sicking up from the road surface and many people unable leave their homes. LOL @ first world problems

Really can't see what the fuss is about at the moment. It's been cold and icy with some snow flurries but nothing dramatic here on the south coast. Hope it stays away so I can fly to the Alps on Sunday.

That being said I've got winter tyres on the car and can drive in the snow having grown up with it so I enjoy watching the chaos when I'm out and about.

Drive home

IMG_20180228_211532160.jpg

Oh boy.. are you sure you didn't throw off the curse and got the Greenland? No moose alive around I would say. :lol:

I am in the red zone.
Oddly if I crash my motorised carriage in the red zone, the insurance company go tell me what I can do with my claim and the broom handle that I can use to facilitate said doing. I didn't know this so I learn something today.

What the hell is a "tyre"?

Can it be hung on a wyre and set on fyre?
tyre | Definition of tyre in English by Oxford Dictionaries

Non English dictionaries tell me that the word tyre is the British spelling of tire, I find it a bit tiresome, or should that be tyresome. I note they say "British" spelling to avoid an obvious dilemma with the word "English". In linguistic terms a conflict between English English and any other English would normally only have one winner, and so I am told that although I am English, and I speak English it is actually "British English".

with yo guys freezing and us frying and drowning, I cant help thinking of that joke.....'a guy dies and goes to hell and the devil gives him three choices for eternal torture.....standing naked in a ice water, being roasted on a pig spit over a raging fire, or standing neck high in cowsh*t"...

So it seems to be coming true....my question is, which country is being forced to stand in the cowsh*t????? The (dis) united tribes of Trump?????

Users who are viewing this thread

Back